Deposit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sundecks

We recently put a deposit down for a fifth wheel, we were told it was fully refundable. We signed a sales agreement but nothing else. We have now changed our mind and they said we cannot have our deposit back as they already drilled a hole in the fifth wheel for a cover over the slide? Are they allowed to keep the whole deposit, it was $2500???

We recently put a deposit down for a fifth wheel, we were told it was fully refundable. We signed a sales agreement but nothing else. We have now changed our mind and they said we cannot have our deposit back as they already drilled a hole in the fifth wheel for a cover over the slide? Are they allowed to keep the whole deposit, it was $2500???
Did you request something be done to the unit that required them to drill a hole? Sounds like salesman's BS to me. Do you have the refund agreement in writing? If not, you maybe out of luck.

Did you request something be done to the unit that required them to drill a hole? Sounds like salesman's BS to me. Do you have the refund agreement in writing? If not, you maybe out of luck.
we had asked for a cover to be installed over the slide. No refund agreement :(

What does the sales agreement say about refunds for deposits?

If the dealer is doing something wrong, file a complaint against them through your state's Attorney General's office.

What does the sales agreement say about refunds for deposits?

If the dealer is doing something wrong, file a complaint against them through your state's Attorney General's office.
I don't have a copy of the sales agreement, they never gave me one. I have contacted a lawyer so will see what they say to do.

They are now in a position to keep your deposit and swear you had a copy of the contract in your hand when leaving the lot..>>>Dan

They are now in a position to keep your deposit and swear you had a copy of the contract in your hand when leaving the lot..>>>Dan
I don't see what difference it makes when the dealer has a copy. It says what it says regardless if "sundecks" got a copy or not.

What is in writing is what counts and the dealer must have that.

-Don- Auburn, CA

we had asked for a cover to be installed over the slide. No refund agreement :(
That kind of stuff bugs me all the time.

On one hand you asked them to modify the rig and you did sign a deal with no refund agreement.

OTOH - I doubt their "harm" is $2500.

There should be a law that deposits should be escrowed for later dispute management.

Was the deposit made with a check, cash, credit card? Unless it was cash, you have some record of the transaction. You get a receipt when you so much as order a happy meal, so the idea I would convey thousands of dollars and have no record of the event implies either a high level of trust or ignorance. Hopefully there will be some positive resolution, though in this market the sale of any unit is nearly assured and this becomes just a footnote in this dealer's unethical activities.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Back
Top Bottom