DESAL ADDITIVIE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cummins doesn’t recommend an additive for their engines. They allow Power Service Diesel Kleen and Diesel Fuel Supplement, but you don’t need them unless something is wrong with your engine or fuel system. Why do you think you need fuel additives?

I usually use Power Service Plus regularly for tractor during winter but nothing during the summer. It might help to know what you are trying to get from an additive.

I've had diesels for a lot of years now. The only additive I've used was the anti-jell in the fuel tank when temps get down to zero degrees or lower. And that's only for a few short weeks in the dead of winter. More, I've never done.

Cummins doesn’t recommend an additive for their engines. They allow Power Service Diesel Kleen and Diesel Fuel Supplement, but you don’t need them unless something is wrong with your engine or fuel system. Why do you think you need fuel additives?

Papa Bare replied: (it went into reported posts instead of replies by mistake)

It's been setting for 2-3 years my wife was sick. I run the motor ever 3-4 weeks. Getting it ready to take a trip just wondering.

Last edited:
I'll second Clyde's choice of using Howe's (Walmart about $10 a quart). Two camping seasons ago we took a trip to Key West from WNY state. On the return, we stopped at a country-type gas station that sold diesel. Later in that trip, we had to change out our fuel filters twice, once by me at a rest stop, and the next time limping into a Cummins dealer in Altoona, PA.

Now I add it every fuel up, which I now do at truck stops (using a TSD card) almost exclusively just as a precaution. Just a couple of days ago I had my rig at my local truck repair facility for its annual safety inspection and got to talking to the owner of the shop. We ventured into fuel and fuel filters and I told him about my use of Howe's and he agreed that using it was wise to do.

Back
Top Bottom