Design Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motojavaphil

I have this two wheeled habit I cannot shake even in the face of retirement and fulltiming.  I have looked at everything with wheels I can trying to get the right formula.  I came across an out of my price range bus called an ME.  In that rig you park your motorcycles in a small garage in the rear, under the bedroom,  without robbing space in the living area.  The idea seemed simple and efficent.  Is this concept possible in a 5r?  Is anyone making a 5r like this?  I guess I could custom make this but is the idea sound?  It would mean the bedroom would be moved to the rear.  Sure appreciate some of you pro's weighing in on this?  Thanx, Phil

I assume you're looking for something similar to what they offer in this Class C toyhauler. Like Carl, I haven't specifically seen it in a fifthwheel, but it would not surprise me if they were made.

Tom, That is an interesting concept and it looks like they keep the living area intact.  The ME/ MH loads from the rear and there is a small garage area that the bikes stay in under what would be the bedroom.  I have never been close to an ME to look into the storage area or exactly how it works.  I'll see if I can find a site and post it here for you.  I think Frieghtliner had this design. 

here is the website:  www.travelsupreme.com  They have a 41' bus with a garage in the basement!  I just wonder if it could be done.  Connect with Travel Units and go for it.  It is built on a Spartan Chasis, not a Freightliner as I mistakenly thought.

I have seen the SUT, even own one, configuration and have found them to be very good for hauling.  The KZ is one of the best.  I guess what I am trying to do is get away from the garage area and get something similar to the motorhome.  Think of it as lowering the loft, making a bed room you would walk into and have just enough room for the motorcycles in a smaller basement garage with no access from inside.  It obviously would be like a bus.  I just didn't know if a 5r could do that in light of the way the frames are set up versus the way a bus is set up.  I am going to try to Travel Unit and see what they say.  I realize this question is more than fixing a fridge or something.  I just don't know enough about MH's or 5r's to know if this is safely possible.  Might have to put the kitchen in what would be the bedroom in a current 5r and you'd end up with a sunken living room.  It works in a bus, why not in a 5r?  I can't imagine the bus jockey's getting it all? 

I've heard and found KZ to be quite accommodating.
The key is finding the right dealer that will work with you/them.

RIVA codes can be restrictive. I tried to get AC ducted into my garage area.... could not do it because of code.
Doesn't make sense since most TH's have no vapor barrier wall but......

Good luck.

Gary, MH design, especially those the quality of Newmar, make me wonder where the 5r designers are.  That is an excellent example of what could be done in a 5r.  Thanx for the link...now if I could just afford it the world would be perfect! 

Back
Top Bottom