Destination for a "Trial run" in the Northeast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello from Litchfield County. There is a lot to see and do in the Northeast, but how far are you willing to travel and how long will you be staying? Lack of transportation will be an issue, but friends of ours manage to roam all over the place with a small Class C. They take their motorhome on day trips, which wouldn't be my choice!

Connecticut state parks are dry camping, except for Salt Rock and Hammonasset Beach, which are normally booked a year in advance. Gary's suggestion for eastern New York is excellent and has the added benefit of being somewhat close to home.

Hello from Litchfield County. There is a lot to see and do in the Northeast, but how far are you willing to travel and how long will you be staying? Lack of transportation will be an issue, but friends of ours manage to roam all over the place with a small Class C. They take their motorhome on day trips, which wouldn't be my choice!

Connecticut state parks are dry camping, except for Salt Rock and Hammonasset Beach, which are normally booked a year in advance. Gary's suggestion for eastern New York is excellent and has the added benefit of being somewhat close to home.
Howdy neighbor - beautiful country up in your neck of the woods for sure!

I think we are going to do this trial period in a couple of passes - one to break the ice, and one that would be more of a vacation simulation. For the former we were thinking 3-4 days with a very manageable <200 miles from wherever we pick up the rental. For the latter, probably 7-10 days maybe with two different stayovers just for the variety and to understand the travel rhythm. Doing a stopover just to have a place to rest and make it two days to get to the ultimate destination is what I was thinking. I guess that gives us a "comfortable" range of 400-500 miles? I was thinking 5 hours of daily driving would be the max.

I keep going back and forth between the idea of a super C with Toad and a small C (25'), but just don't know if the latter would support the longer Western trips that I am contemplating.

We'll return this summer, for a few days. I have a sister that has a place on the coast in a little community near Boothbay called Bayville.
My brother and I put in a full hookup RV parking spot there a few years ago. It's a great area.
Got to know the owner of that craft beer enterprise there. He has quite a business.

Reactions: SMR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom