Destination ideas for New years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

Figured you well traveled folks here might help with some outside of the box ideas....at least outside of my box anyway.

If you had a week off around New Years day, where would you go?  I'm coming from North East FL.

I'm travelling with my family/kids so not looking for the party thing...  Hoping to find some ideas of places we haven't been

I've been toying with the idea of looking for something down in the keys.  I haven't been there in a long time and the family never has.  Or maybe over to SW FL around Naples or someplace... My family hasn't been south of the Orlando Tampa line much at all.  I have but not in many years.

My other thought is to head the other direction.... Williamsburg, VA maybe
I'm kinda thinking that more or less defines my range if we drive/RV.

Otherwise maybe we leave the RV and go to a Ski town someplace?

Brad, that is a tough one, as a week isn't a lot of time to drive to some of the outside of the box locations.  However, if you can get into one of the State Parks in the Keys, you might find a week would be perfect.  We stayed in Marathon, drove around, spent some time in Key West, went snorkeling off of a group charter, and enjoyed a site along the water.  An alternative would be New Orleans, great food, music and lovely drives. 
    Good hunting, and enjoy your week, we hope to have family from Ottawa, including grandkids ove New Years, so we won't be going too far from the Tampa Bay area.

Ed

What an opportunity!

I would fear cold / inclement weather in Williamsburg in early January.  It IS on my bucket list - for spring or fall!

I love Trip Advisor to identify attractions.  My suggestion would to check suggestions in    New Orleans    Mobile / Penesecola    Savanah      Charleston.    Each has its' own attraction style, and should be halfway decent weather by staying near the coast.  Other than New Orleans, all should be only a one day drive.

Very hard to get into this late, but our favorites in Florida, in no particular order:
Anastasia State Park - St Augustine
Tomoka State Park - Ormond Beach
Jetty Park- a Brevard County Park  - Cape Canaveral
Sebastian Inlet State Park - Melbourne
John Pennekamp State Park - Key Largo
Lake Rousseau Campground - Crystal River
Suwanne River Rendezvous Campground - Mayo

A terrific family ski place is Massanutten Virginia. We loved skiing all day and then going swimming in the indoor pool each evening. We also liked skiing at Sugar Mountain near Boone, NC. Of course neither is as grand as Colorado, but both are great family places and way less expensive.

Brad - You might try Jonathan Dickinson State Park near me here in Jupiter.  Great park and a lot to do there and in the area.  Bring your kayaks or canoe or rent them there.  Bring you fishing gear too!  Lots of good backwater fishing in that area. 

https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/jonathan-dickinson-state-park 

Back
Top Bottom