Diesel Cost???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

Why is diesel fuel so expensive all of a sudden? Prices went up in my area an average of 50-70 cents/gal within the last few days. During the same period, regular gas dropped a few cents/gal. What's the deal?

BruceinFL said:
Why is diesel fuel so expensive all of a sudden? Prices went up in my area an average of 50-70 cents/gal within the last few days. During the same period, regular gas dropped a few cents/gal. What's the deal?

It's Magic.

Bruce:

Please don't say that! We are headed for FLorida in a couple of weeks.

Jeff /Washington said:
Bruce:

Well, it's pretty close to $3+ all over the country according to the diesel price page on the FJ website. Just don't buy any fuel in Volusia County. Cheapest I see is 3.499/gal. Best to fill up in GA just before crossing the border.

Check floridagasprices.com .... there's a Chevron in Daytona that was $2.69 today at 4:30, at 400 & I-95. gasbuddy.com is your friend for finding good gas prices.

Did you ever think we'd be happy to have gas below $3 a gallon??????

Wendy

Florida has always had some of the highest diesel prices in the East, if not the entire country. Don't know why the sudden jump, but we have seen increases this past week throughout the East. Gas & diesel both, but diesel has been staying high while gas went up and down.  Magic is about the only answer.

Thanks Wendy,

I'll add floridagasprices.com to dieselboss.com. that I use across the rest of the country.

wendycoke said:
Check floridagasprices.com .... there's a Chevron in Daytona that was $2.69 today at 4:30, at 400 & I-95. gasbuddy.com is your friend for finding good gas prices.

Did you ever think we'd be happy to have gas below $3 a gallon??????

Wendy
I plugged in www.floridagasprices.com and it came up with a message that said it couldn't be found.  ???  Did I mess up the address?

Bruce

I think it should be http://www.floridastategasprices.com/

You're right, Tom. I mistyped. Me bad. I actually got there thru gasbuddy.com which I use often.

Wendy, if I had $1 for every time I've mis-typed something, I'd be rich  ;D  I Googled and found it.

BruceinFL said:

In a word, GREED!

Jeff /Washington said:
Bruce:

Jeff,

Fill up before you get there. We were told the Titusville area is $3.119, if you can find it!!!

BruceinFL said:

Supply and demand - gas usage dropped 3% while "diesel" usage increased i.e heating oil due to very cold NW, etc.

wendycoke said:

Wendy

That Chevron went to $3.69/gallon in a big hurry....just checked it.  :mad:

rovinsteve said:
Diesel is $3/gallon here in SW Montana so I think we will do Tucson this winter rather than St. Pete, FL.

Steve,

I hope this means you will attend the Quartzsite rally in January.

Phil

Hate to be the bearer of more bad news. BP is shutting down part of the North Slope for maintenance. Production down by 400,000 barrels a day. 8% of US supply.

Here is the link to the story:  North Slope Alaska

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom