differences between Cruiser Twilight Signature, Cruiser Shadow Cruiser and Keystone Cougar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joester

I see these are all parent company Thor. Other than holding and water tanks capacity, what are the main differences? I like that 22 RBS floorplan. Are the Cruisers made more cheaply?
Thank you.

Probably colour and regions - often manufacturers will make slightly different versions on the same thing kinda like when car makers make a california edition or a west coast version

. Other than holding and water tanks capacity, what are the main differences?
That question has no standard answer. Keystone factory is in Goshen, IN and Cruiser factory is in LaGrange County, IN so they are different factories and while they are both owned by Thor, the company has a history of allowing the different companies that they buy to operate pretty much independently and to compete with each other. The best thing for you to do is to do a comparison between the two keeping check lists and examining for quality issues of each and then also compare prices. If they are being sold by different dealers then the dealership may well do better in pricing and also in customer support. Very often, the dealer is the key to the buying process.

When we have shopped RVs in the past I have found that different dealers will often vary in price for the exact same make/model of RV by 10 - 20%and more. In addition, if you have a trade-in make them compete with that as well. The best thing to do is to take your trade to each dealer and compare based purely on the additional amount over your trade and ignore all of the other numbers. If you are financing then you should also shop loans as interest rates can make a tremendous difference in the total amount paid for the new RV.

I can't comment on the other brands but if you are just a couple and want a nice floorplan the Cougar is a nice choice. We have always looked for a unit that works for a couple that is not entry level and the 22RBS works for us. Maybe not top shelf but light years better than the flyweight Mini Lite we had before. Went from a four inch frame to a six inch one. Never had a trip in the Mini Lite that didn't need something fixed or reattached.
Make sure you go over the unit carefully as there is some variation in assembly quality that will be obvious if you look at two of the same units.
Happy hunting!

We really liked the 22RBSWE we looked at a week ago - but did not make an offer as the electronics concerned me as a future maintenance issue - we don't need electric heated theater seating for a trailer we might use 20-25 days per year. Will focus on a similar late model used, 2018-2019, hopefully bugs are worked out by owner by then. I think in the meantime, I should get the new truck ordered. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom