Dinette Storage Upgrade....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathy & Bill

A small but very worthwhile upgrade to the storage compartment under the dinette seating.  One side done... before and after pics attached.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 148
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 155
Kathy & Bill said:
A small but very worthwhile upgrade to the storage compartment under the dinette seating.  One side done... before and after pics attached.

Looks very nice...Was the Door already there?

Gizmo100 said:
Looks very nice...Was the Door already there?

Yes it was... you either moved the cushion/plywood and went through the top or got down on your knees and reached in through the door.  Either way was cumbersome.  We decided to move the pots & pans which opened up a cabinet in the kitchen area.

msw3113 said:
Whoa!  Nice work!  Those are some looong slides, they make that space much more accessible.  Did you hand-make the drawer?

Thank you.... I did make the drawer myself, made it as long as I could.  The slides were 36" long, extend to about 6'.  These are the ones I used, a little pricey but they work very nice.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K2TBJP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks awesome! Our dinette had a door only on one side so I added a door to the other side. I love the drawers for the convenience, though. I will seriously have to consider doing this. Thanks for the idea!

Nice!  You've made  a great job of that.

I wish we had that instead of the table and chairs.  Maybe Steve needs to do some DIY.

jackiemac said:

I wish we had that instead of the table and chairs.  Maybe Steve needs to do some DIY.

Jackie, check out recpro.com. 
I bought a recliner and a double recliner theater type love seat to replace the terrible hide-a-bed and mini-recliner in our coach.  I was just back on their web site the other day and I noticed they now offer complete dining booth seating and tables to match. 
I've been thinking of replacing the table and chairs in our coach also...if it ever stops snowing(just kidding, I think the weather in Bishop has finally turned for the better).

Old_Crow said:
I bought a recliner and a double recliner theater type love seat to replace the terrible hide-a-bed and mini-recliner in our coach.  I was just back on their web site the other day and I noticed they now offer complete dining booth seating and tables to match. 
I've been thinking of replacing the table and chairs in our coach also...if it ever stops snowing(just kidding, I think the weather in Bishop has finally turned for the better).
Will do, thanks Wally...

Old_Crow said:

Wally...  how do you like the Love seat from RecPro?  The DW and I have been looking at them at RecPro but it's hard to pull the trigger not seeing/sitting in it.  Does the build quality seem good, are they pretty comfortable?

jackiemac said:

I thank you for the accolade...

Funny you say that about your table and chairs.  I thought I might like the table and chairs better than a dinette.  The deciding factor for us was loosing the storage under the seating.

Kathy & Bill said:
Wally...  how do you like the Love seat from RecPro?  The DW and I have been looking at them at RecPro but it's hard to pull the trigger not seeing/sitting in it.  Does the build quality seem good, are they pretty comfortable?

We like both the love seat and the swivel/glider recliner we got.  The frames are heavy gauge steel and the mechanisms are really smooth operating.  I've got shoulder issues, so I end up sleeping in one of the recliners for an hour or two several times a week and they are quite comfortable for that. 
Customer service is awesome, too.  When we ordered them(which was around Christmas time '17), they came about 4 days earlier than promised.
We had issues with the upholstery on the recliner after a year or so.  Sent an email with pictures to their customer service and got an email back the next day asking first, if there were any issues with the other pieces we ordered(which there weren't)and secondly, asking for an address to ship the replacement to.  After my reply the replacement showed up in about 4 days with no request to return the old unit.  I ended up taking it to the Salvation Army in Quartzsite.
Overall, we're happy enough with them that we're considering buying the booth setup to match(wife still isn't sure she wants to give up the table and chairs). 
I wish they made driver/passenger Captain's chairs to match also.  They sell Captain's chairs, but for some reason don't have matching upholstery.

Thanks for the info Wally.  All the reviews we read are pretty much positive. After hearing your thoughts we will probably be ordering one up soon.  It's nice getting a perspective away from the retailers site that is selling something. Thanks again!

The only down side was the the recliners are enough taller than the old hide-a-bed that I had to remove the 4" wide knick-knack shelf that was below the window, behind the hide-a-bed. 
Now we're carrying a whole box of knick-knacks that the DW doesn't want to get rid of, but now has no place to display.  Still, a small price to pay, the old couch was uncomfortable as a couch and worse as a bed.

Old_Crow said:
The only down side was the the recliners are enough taller than the old hide-a-bed that I had to remove the 4" wide knick-knack shelf that was below the window, behind the hide-a-bed. 
Now we're carrying a whole box of knick-knacks that the DW doesn't want to get rid of, but now has no place to display.  Still, a small price to pay, the old couch was uncomfortable as a couch and worse as a bed.

Did you by chance get the Gray colored one?  We were leaning toward that color and was wondering if their description is accurate.

Kathy & Bill said:
Did you by chance get the Gray colored one?  We were leaning toward that color and was wondering if their description is accurate.

No, we got "Toffee".  Blends well with our carpet and all the beige on the walls and window treatments.

Kathy & Bill said:
I thank you for the accolade...

Funny you say that about your table and chairs.  I thought I might like the table and chairs better than a dinette.  The deciding factor for us was loosing the storage under the seating.
We hardly ever use them, but maybe other folks sit at the dining table every night. We eat outdoors mostly or on our laps.  We are a bit uncivilised  ;D

Back
Top Bottom