Direct TV NFL package

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

I asked this question once before but now need some definitive answers.  Can I add the NFL package to my Direct TV account without having to have a phone line? 

Smoky said:
I asked this question once before but now need some definitive answers.  Can I add the NFL package to my Direct TV account without having to have a phone line? 

Smoky,

I believe the subscription sports packages do require a connection.

I forgot that you have upgraded to the 21st century with a high speed internet connection.  :)  My Tivo is connected to my Direcway system and it substitutes for the phone line.  I can get all the subscription packages and pay per view with the internet card that I put in my Tivo.

Phil

Phil,

Are you still using the DW4000 modems or did you upgrade to the DW6000?  I found that the DirecTivo wouldn't work with the DW6000 as the proxy server can't be turned off.

Ned said:
Are you still using the DW4000 modems or did you upgrade to the DW6000?  I found that the DirecTivo wouldn't work with the DW6000 as the proxy server can't be turned off.

I still use the DW4000 modems, Ned.  You have just convinced me to keep what I have.  :)

Phil

Phil,

If it works, there is no reason to upgrade.? The DW6000 is also slower, but the new DW7000 is supposed to be quite fast.? I'm upgrading to that when we get to Yuma.

The D2 with the one button search is really nice too :)

Ned said:
the new DW7000 is supposed to be quite fast.  I'm upgrading to that when we get to Yuma.

Ned,

I had lunch with Don Bradner a while back.  He was in town getting the new DW7000 installed at Motosat.  He changed the transmitter to the two watt version but stayed with the .74 dish.  They are testing the super high speed service.

Phil

I've been following Don's adventures at his forum and it's been interesting reading.  I'm not ready to pony up for the 2W BUC but I do want the DW7000 for the higher speeds.  He's also getting the F2 .98M dish, but that's more than I want to spend :)

Smoky,
I think you got lost in the ground clutter for a minute. I have the NFL package and I was hooked to a phone line when I originally signed up but I get the service while on the road without a phone line. Call customer service and see what they say. I think the only thing I can't do without a phone hookup is get on-demand pay-per-view.
Q

Quasi thanks.?

Phil, the DW4000 is not an option for me as I have the DW6000.? Sure wish I had dragged my feet for the DW7000.? Ron, how much does it cost to upgrade to the DW7000?? Do you also need a new dish or just the modem?

Quasi, you think I could order it temporarily on a phone line and then abandon the phone line at a later date?

I order my pay per views over the web so don't need a phone line for them.

This whole issue of TV and Internet sat communications is something I wish I could start all over again.  I would do things quite differently now that I know more about things. 

I have the in motion KWH Direct TV system.  Once in a while I arrive at a park with clear skies, but the system will not search after we set up camp.  But if I move a 100 feet or so everything comes back to normal.  Nothing is blocking the view, it is like it gets stuck.

Now we follow the suggestion of someone on this forum and start the system 50 miles or so from our destination.  We keep it running as we park the coach.

But I would love to know why it sometimes seems to get stuck in the non search mode.

On another forum someone suggested a cold boot by turning off both the ac into the coach and the DC.  We have tried that 4 times.  Once it worked and the system started up its search routine.  But three times it failed to work and we had to move the coach and then return it to its spot.

Now that we are here at our likely winter location at El Mirage AZ, we were happy that this time the Direct TV zeroed in flawlessly.  But alas, we discovered we left the power brick for our Internet DW6000 modem back in MT.  Ron came to the rescue and is arranging to have a loaner sent to us until the original cord is found and shipped.  We sure do appreciate the care and concern Ron gives to his customers.  :) :) :)

Smoky

Please send any pricing queries via email or PM. Asking these questions in open forum is putting Ron in a tough spot. i.e. if he's a nice guy (which we know he is) and he responded to you publicly he'd be violating forum rules.

Thanks.

No problem Smoky. Commercial transactions of any kind are not allowed in forum messages. Ron is professional enough to follow the rules, as are several other folks here with their own businesses that cater to RVers. But I hate to see them put in a difficult situation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom