Direcway Wireless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Woohoo!  All our laptops and the desktop are now simultaneously accessing Direcway via Smoky's Pipe, name of our wireless G router.  Thanks to Ron Ruward for his patient coaching.

We should be able to become one of the Wifi resource contributors at QZ.

And now at long last, I can go outside and sit in the Arizona sunshine while I surf the net.  ;D ;D ;D

Smoky said:
Woohoo!? All our laptops and the desktop are now simultaneously accessing Direcway via Smoky's Pipe, name of our wireless G router.? Thanks to Ron Ruward for his patient coaching.

We should be able to become one of the Wifi resource contributors at QZ.

And now at long last, I can go outside and sit in the Arizona sunshine while I surf the net.? ?;D ;D ;D

Glad to hear you got the wireless working Smoky.  Congratulations.  We will have a lot of band width available at QZ rally.

A freind of mine here at home is a Sat. dealer.  He has several Directway dishes he would like to get shec of, wanting $400 each for them  Good Buy or not?

Albslb2 said:
A freind of mine here at home is a Sat. dealer.  He has several Directway dishes he would like to get shec of, wanting $400 each for them  Good Buy or not?

I would take the time to visit a couple of web sites first

http://www.motosat.com/

And of course Ron's Internet Solutions (look for a post from ron here in the forum)

I'm looking for a tripod mount and those are more expensive, much more expensive

however I think for a roof mount.  The current list is about 500, so if those are last year's model it's no bargin

Albslb2 said:
A freind of mine here at home is a Sat. dealer.? He has several Directway dishes he would like to get shec of, wanting $400 each for them? Good Buy or not?

Depends on a couple things are they 4000 or 6000 and does that price include installation?  If installation is not included then that is not good at all.  Are the modems properly decommissioned if not you may not be able to get them commissioned.

Thanks gents  I/m going to pass on them cause I for sure dont' know the 1st thing about them our the setups.  Just plaine dumb I guess.  Never been interested in them before reading about them  from  you gents I migh offer hime 500 for mabe 6 or 8 of them then that might not be too bad a deal.  We'll see cause I'm cheap and he won't get much out of this dummy. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom