Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

We had a central vacuum cleaner in the 94 Dolphin, our previous motorhome. My wife really liked it and wanted one on our newer 03 Horizon. I purchased a Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum System from RV Upgrades. After getting it installed a test try showed that it would not work. I finally traced the problem to the internal circuit board and further to the 24 Volt transformer that supplies the voltage to the relay which controls the power to the motor. The primary was open. A call to Dirt Devil was made and the lady there sent me a new circuit board. After installation, the system now worked very well. After nearly one year the system was again dead. Analysis showed the same problem.

I removed the transformer from the PC board and routed 2 wires (24Volts) out to an external wall transformer purchased from Radio Shack. The new transformer will supply 1 amp (the original transformer was rated at 40 mA) and should never go bad again. It works great again.

If anyone has the same problem with the CV950 this could be the answer.

Thanks for the heads up as I just installed one.  So far after 2 uses the boos like it.  No I am going to add another outlet in the basement for cleaning it and the car!!  VBG  I do need to find anothe backing plate for an outlet and an adapter for the hose to outlet and drill a hole fo finish.  VBG

Jim

I obtained the extra outlet from a small local installation company here in town. I just googled Dirt Devil and found that they were a local dealer. The outlet used the metal hose to complete the circuit instead of a switch as shipped with the CVS. Works good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom