Discharged from hospital and resting at motel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
I was discharged from The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. on Friday. My mitral valve repair surgery went very well and I finally have color once again in my face. I am glad that I had the surgery at TMH. My care was very good. I even had a birthday cake supplied by the staff as my birthday occurred during my stay. I had a couple of rough days after the surgery but am finally feeling human.  :D  :D

We are staying at a Residence Inn not too far from Reliant Park and the Astronomer. Yup, the ones on the news. Friday afternoon, there was a lot of helicopter traffic flying overhead.

Since I-10 is closed to us, we have to detour north up to Shreveport, LA to pick up I-20 to get back to FL. I am concerned about availability of gas and motel accommodations. But I am NOT supposed to worry about this. Jack says so.  ;D  ;D 

The devastation due to Katrina is unbelievable.  :'(  :'(

Thanks for all of your good wishes. I received cards and flowers too.

Regards,
Liz

Liz,

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital and doing so well. Sam & I wish you a Happy Birthday even if we are late.  You yake care and give yourself a chance to heal compleately. 

Thansk for the update that is very good news.

Liz

Good to hear from you. Glad to hear things went well. Good luck with your trip.

Liz & Jack -

GREAT to read YOUR message. Very grateful that the Framily's prayers were answered and that you are doing well. With the passage of a week or so, the availability of fuel and lodging should improve significantly. If I-20 is a concern, I-40 is a little further and still an option. I have travelled portions of I-40 in the past few days and traffic seemed to be at a 'normal' level, the fueling stations and motels seemed to be operating normally.

We will continue to have you in our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery and give thanks for the success so far.

--  Ray & Ladonna  --

Liz:

It's great to hear from you.

I would like to add our best wishes for your recovery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom