discount cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beerman

Hiya guys. I bought a lifetime membership to passport america wich i enjoy. Now i see a bunch of others  like good sam and a few different ones. How many should you get?  Wich ones are usefull and wich arent?
Thanks
Brian
PS  worst investment so far was that RV consumers group uggg $100 down the drain

IMHO avoid Good Sam they are not an RVers friend but instead support campgrounds in getting parking restriction laws that force you into campgrounds.  The only thing you will get joining GS or any other Affinity group is JUNK MAIL.  Again just my opinion

I have Passport America plus Good Sam and the KOA card. I like PA but I must say that in order of use I get more use from Good Sam, KOA next and then PA. All have pretty much paid for themselves with the discounts. Ron and a few others have a beef with Good Sam but I don't care about spending a night in Walmart nor am I inundated with junk mail so I use them. But I don't like the name Good Sam....never have. Sounds too doofy to me.  :)

Camping World has started a Passport-like club called "Camp Club USA" (see http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=31343).  Don't know if it is as widespread as Passport sites are.

We have Passport America and GS. Always get our money's worth out of both, though we make sure we never pay more than the introductory price for GS to do so. It's pretty easy to recover $12-15 costs with the 10% discount, but harder at $35 or so.  The 50% off with PA makes it a no-brainer to recover the PA membership price.

Just set the record straight the main thing I have against Good Sam and the rest of the Affinity Group is that while selling themselves as RVers Friends they infact support trying to force RVer into campgrounds or in other words infringe on our freedoms.  Good Sam is NOT the RVers Friend but I bet the campground owners sure like them. 

In many cases we have found campgrounds in an area that have GS campgrounds that were the same price or lower than the GS campground with discount and a lot nicer.  Just my opinion.

We have a lifetime membership to Passport America and we have recouped the original cost over and over every year.

I third the previous 2 staements.  Nothing else need be said as for as I'm concerned.
With perhaps a national park card for seniors or handicapped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom