Discover Card 5% off on fuel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Do you have a Discover Card?

If you do, between now and June 30th, you may be able to get a 5% additional discount on all your gas and fuel purchases. All you need to do is phone the 800 number on the back of your Discover card and ask the agent to sign you up for the 5% discount. I specificlly ask if it would cove fuel purchases at Flying J and they said YES. You must use the credit card reader at the pump to get the discount.

Chet18013

I did that a few months ago and found out that the 5% fuel cashback program had a very low limit on the cashback, and also did NOT include the 1% on all other purchases.  I switched the card back to the old program.  I now have a Citi card that give us 5% on all fuel, restaurant, and grocery purchases, and 1% on all other purchases, with no limit on the cashback.

Read the fine print carefully before switching credit card programs.

I recently saw somewhere that if you have a Discover card on auto payment, Discover moved up the payment date from the due date to 10 days before. Buyer beware.

When I signed up for the 5%, I asked if the other 1% was effected and the responce was no. After seeing your post, I just called Discover again and they confirmed that the 1% cash back on other purchases remains in effect and yes, I will get 5% back on fuel and there is no limit on the amount of cash back.

However, I do like the 5% back on groceries and restruant charges and will look into that card.

Chet18013

We traded our Citi AAdvantage card and its 50.00 annual fee for a Citi Dividends Card with no fee. 5% on fuel and groceries and 1% on all other charges up to 700.00 a year in rebates. Have had it since January and have received $165.00 in rebates and have another 39.00 accumulated.

It should work out to about 650.00 this year with no fees. 8)

It appears that Discover is responding to competition.  However, it's too little, too late, for us.  We've already switched.  Now if someone would offer us 5% cashback on all purchases, we could be persuaded to switch again :D

Ned said:
It appears that Discover is responding to competition.  However, it's too little, too late, for us.  We've already switched.  Now if someone would offer us 5% cashback on all purchases, we could be persuaded to switch again :D

Ned:

When you find it sign me up too! ;) ;)

Jeff /Washington said:
It should work out to about 650.00 this year with no fees. 8)

Jeff

I believe that the CITI Dividend card has a $300-350 annual limit. That's why I have 2 ;D :D

BernieD said:
Jeff

I believe that the CITI Dividend card has a $300-350 annual limit. That's why I have 2 ;D :D

Whoops, you are right Bernie, $300.

Are both cards Citi Cards?

Jeff /Washington said:
Are both cards Citi Cards?

Jeff

Yep, only difference is the number. For some reason, I received 2 different card accounts when I signed up. When I called to cancel one, the representative suggested that I keep both to double my annual rebate potential  :D

When we hit $300, we'll switch back to Discover. ?We still have the card.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom