Discovered something cool today for 5G data

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chovy

I have a travel router peplink.

it connects to my mifi2000 and Will rebroadcast that 5G connection to its own wan.

the calyx institute mifi 2000 has no throttling and is truly unlimited but you have to use their device.

for a good WiFi network the peplink can connect and use that WiFi as a source.

works like a charm.

Last edited:
I have this one but it isnj't 5g :(

But the wifi port works fine with my puma 421 antenna, which will connect to my two travel hot spots which are 5g

The range of the puma 421 is only about 200-300 ft.

Just remember 5G means different things to different devices or modules within a device.

For the Radio that connects to the CELL Tower 5G means 5th generation
For the radio that connects to your laptop 5G means 5GHz (Radio frequency Band)

Even cellular 5G has several different levels of service. Some of it is enhanced capability on older 2.4 and 5 Ghz frequencies, while other features use new higher frequencies. Some existing 4G devices can benefit a little from 5G services, but mostly you need a cellular 5G capable device to get substantial improvement. If your Mifi2000 is a newer, 5G capable model, you get the benefits and the Pepwave wifi provides access to them.

I have a Pepwave BR1 Mini. Just as an FYI, Pepwave is coming out with a plug in module that will add 5G functionality to the BR1 units. I have been in contact with them for the last 6 months or so, and the last I heard from them it should be ready to ship sometime in September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom