Dish network DNS gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerryarlyne

Well it happened today. My DNS stations from New York are gone.  :'(  I still get all the LA networks and local stations so I guess they ar not spot beamed.

Jerry

As predicted.  Glad you're still getting the left coast stations.

Well note this day on your calendar so if (when?) they bill you for today and tomorrow, you can complain.

I still thnk the whole thing is ridiculous. Why can't I choose to watch the networks from whatever city I want? What difference does it make where I live?

wendycoke said:
Well note this day on your calendar so if (when?) they bill you for today and tomorrow, you can complain.

I still thnk the whole thing is ridiculous. Why can't I choose to watch the networks from whatever city I want? What difference does it make where I live?

You bet!! 
I agree with you but I guess the  powers that be feel that it is more important to punish Dish then to let you and I watch what we want.

jerryarlyne said:
You bet!!? ?
I agree with you but I guess the? powers that be feel that it is more important to punish Dish then to let you and I watch what we want.

Nothing stopping anybody from switching to a provider that obeyed the law.  I know of a few folks that switched to Dish from DTV because they could get PBS at no additional; cost on Dish.  IMHO Dish should be punished for breaking the regs.

I'm not arguing who should be punished for not obeying the law. i'm arguing why shouldn't the law allow me to get Denver channels or Pittsburgh or Tucson or any other place whose channels I want? Why am I banned from getting the stations I want because someone says I "belong" to another area's advertisers? I live in Colorado but I can't get Colorado channels on Dishnet because someone, somewhere, decided I "belong" to the New Mexico advertisers. I don't give a rat's behind what's going on in New Mexico (sorry Bob M) but I do passionately care whats going on in Colorado. So why can't I CHOOSE which networks/channels I receive on my TV??

jerryarlyne said:
Well it happened today. My DNS stations from New York are gone.  :'(  I still get all the LA networks and local stations so I guess they ar not spot beamed.

Maybe now Dish will come up with a waiver policy that meets the law.

PhilB

Phil said:
Maybe now Dish will come up with a waiver policy that meets the law.

PhilB

I don't think that is the problem. Dish will pay the fines and turn off all the DNS channels and the cosumer will still be the one getting screwed.

Jerry

Yes, it is the problem.  The subscribers that are losing out are those that were qualified for DNS and are now losing those channels, but those were a small portion of the subscribers that Dish sold DNS to.  The vast majority of DNS subscribers from Dish were NOT qualified for those channels.  Yes, some are getting screwed, but by Dish, not the court.

You're one of the lucky ones, you get to keep the LA networks.  Arlyne will give you a kiss :)

Many answers and comments

1: To Wendy.. IN order to insure all DNS is done by 12-1 they had to start early, Not all receivers download updates every day

2: To Wendy: I agree, we should be able to pick a city and watch, but alas, there are some folks in Washington DC who do not agree with me.  I mean, I think they should do away with spot beams and do everything CONUS

3: To Ned: I agree, someone (DISH) should be punished for violations,  But should Wendy and I have to suffer?

Well, since I started this mess I guess I will finish it. Today I signed up for Direct TV. I will get my local LA stations when I return to Palmdale and call them. I will fill out the RV waiver and send it to them with a copy of my M/H registration and I will then get the DNS channels. They will be out Saturday to Install two receivers in the motorhome and one on my lot. I will still have all the channels I had with Dish but for $2.00 a month less. So Ned, If I need some explaining I hope I can call on you.

Jerry

Good move, Jerry.  You will not be able to get both the DNS and LA locals at the same time on the same account.  But I do know some people switch back and forth as they go home or travel.

Interesting about the cost.  Some Dish customers insist that Dish is cheaper but I've never thought that.  Both services offer nearly identical service for nearly identical cost and you've just verified that.  Call any time if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom