DIY camp shower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trac209

Have any of you ever built a firepit heated camp shower system? I'm looking for some helpful ideas for building one for boonie camping. The water supply is endless so I figured on using a pump and some type of heating coil system,maybe copper tubing?Any help is great.Thanks

I've used that thing many times on the isolated fishing beaches of North Carolina.  I just lay that thing on the roof of my black ford explorer and hope the water doesn't get too hot while I fish and/or have a cool one.

We used to use them backpacking and tent camping. The water gets really warm (often HOT) in that black bag if it's in the sun long enough....ever turned on the garden hose when it's been sitting in the sun?

I can not tell you since I have not tried them However I used to use a solar oven to cook my hot lunch when I worked part time here in Michigan.  This is in JANUARY.  The oven was shaped exactly like a Ford Granada (I simply put it on the dash and let the sun cook it) Tempertures in the car, In January, In Michigan often exceeded 100 degrees.  (And I parked on the north side of the store, facing north)

So, what can I say,  I do believe in the power of the sun

trac209 said:
Have any of you ever built a firepit heated camp shower system? I'm looking for some helpful ideas for building one for boonie camping. The water supply is endless so I figured on using a pump and some type of heating coil system,maybe copper tubing?Any help is great.Thanks

Check out the water heaters Cabela's sell for some ideas. Cabela's

Back
Top Bottom