Do i need a bigger truck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lou Schneider said:
Here you go, it's called The Automated Safety Hitch, developed by "the Henry Ford of trailer safety"....

"Now you can tow goosenecks and 5th wheel trailers with your SUV."

https://mrtrailer.com/safetyhitch.htm

No, I've seen those before.

I was talking about the rear of the 5th wheel trailer, and how that trailer frame/trailer structure was reinforced.

then a class 4 hitch was bolted on....so it can pull the white 14k GVW tandem axle box trailer.

Gizmo100 said:
Just a guess here....But I don't think this is the OP's set-up based on his intro post

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,110986.msg1000792.html#msg1000792
You are correct.  He said he upgraded to a F250.  Only available as SRW.  Pic is a dually.

F350 DRW with a 9900 rawr and 6000 fawr = 15900 lb of braking.

Now add the 6k axle from the ASH = 6000 lb of braking.

Now add 7k axle on the 5er = 14000 lb of braking.

And finally the cargo may have tandem 3500 axle = 7000 lbs of braking.

Add all the braking performance = 42900 lb of braking. Plenty of stopping performance.

The bass boat is loaded on a system kinda like a roll back  on the ones I've seen anyway.
The F350 DRW may weigh in the 8500 lb range plus maybe 4500 lbs the bass boat/trailer = 13000 lb well below 15900 lb axle ratings or the 14000 gvwr.

You tube has lots of all types of towing combinations.
The only deal I see in the OP pictures is will dot look at the ASH system as another trailer.

longhaul, that is assuming a dry hard surface and all the brakes are set up properly. In less than ideal conditions a panic stop would get ugly in a hurry. I'm glad I am not the one trying to get into a cg or stopping for fuel.

Roy M said:
longhaul, that is assuming a dry hard surface and all the brakes are set up properly. In less than ideal conditions a panic stop would get ugly in a hurry. I'm glad I am not the one trying to get into a cg or stopping for fuel.
  LOL...well that goes for any vehicle pulling a single trailer. 

This was a pic sent to me from a third party, i just thought it was a good pic to share, would never think of doing this.

Back
Top Bottom