Do i need a bigger truck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

polarbear425

Can some one look at this and let me know if i have enough truck?

Attachments

• set up.jpg
    set up.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 163
Roy M said:
:eek: Do any states allow that?

While the answer is, most likely, yes the better question is SHOULD any state allow that. My guess is that at least a few western states would have no problem with this set up.
RichH

I think it is technically illegal because of the 5th wheel dolly.

in some states "Tipples" is legal as long as the first trailer is a 5th wheel. (being used as a 5th wheel  :) )

Looks like a good time !

We did this all the time.  We called that old Class C, the rolling Turd, and we definitely got looks pulling into the campgrounds  :)

Attachments

• RV.JPG
    RV.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 44
steveblonde said:
Not only are you too long for most states - but please let me know where you are so i can stay away

I would want to be there when they have to back up.....Now that would be fun ;D ;D ;D

Love the pic.  Not sure if you are serious.

If you are, get the rig weighed - the whole thing.  Also, get the truck and boat weighed.

My guess is the truck is not overweight since the boat is the only thing being carried on the truck.  Compare the truck weight to the truck GVWR.

The real question becomes Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating (GCWR).  I expect you are well beyond the GVWR!!

The old adage, If you must ask if you need more truck, the answer is almost always YES!  applies here.

Note to others:  This is a F350 dually or F450.  The FW is on a dolly, so no pin wt in the truck.

Just a guess here....But I don't think this is the OP's set-up based on his intro post

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,110986.msg1000792.html#msg1000792

I'd like to see the towing hitch structure that was put on the 5th wheel....looks like it's pulling a 14K tandem axle box trailer.  :eek:

sightseers said:
I'd like to see the towing hitch structure that was put on the 5th wheel....looks like it's pulling a 14K tandem axle box trailer.  :eek:

Here you go, it's called The Automated Safety Hitch, developed by "the Henry Ford of trailer safety"....

"Now you can tow goosenecks and 5th wheel trailers with your SUV."

https://mrtrailer.com/safetyhitch.htm

Back
Top Bottom