Do NOT go to Yosemite right now 7-20-2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gods Country said:
Ugh.  heading there (maybe) in 6 weeks.
If I were you I would have a plan B ready. I doubt they will have the fires out and cleaned up by then. We are just starting to come into the Santa Ana season so there will be wind.

SeilerBird said:
If I were you I would have a plan B ready. I doubt they will have the fires out and cleaned up by then. We are just starting to come into the Santa Ana season so there will be wind.

Yeah, I'm doing that now.

Odd thing is last year was Yellowstone/Teons with the same problem, and I was within moments of pulling the plug and heading to Yosemite instead, and doing Yellowstone this year.  As it turned out the weather changed and it was a great snowy trip....... beautiful.

We are gong to the Grand Canyon on the way, and plans to got to Sequoia, so looks like I will make a plan b around that.

Gods Country said:
Yeah, I'm doing that now.

Odd thing is last year was Yellowstone/Teons with the same problem, and I was within moments of pulling the plug and heading to Yosemite instead, and doing Yellowstone this year.  As it turned out the weather changed and it was a great snowy trip....... beautiful.

We are gong to the Grand Canyon on the way, and plans to got to Sequoia, so looks like I will make a plan b around that.
May I suggest Joshua Tree National Park and Death Valley National Park? They are two highly underrated parks and very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom