Do you attend NRA events

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=sightseers]Ok sorry. I get it too. It?s your forum.[/quote]

OK thanks.

FenderP said:
Four or five guys are having a good conversation, sharing our experiences with the NRA and one guy comes in and throws fire on it and we?re all bad guys. Why doesn?t that one guy just NOT READ THIS THREAD?  It has NRA in the title for Pete?s sake!

I agree with you, however i got alittle heated as well when i should not have.  I forgot that the best thing to do with such comments is just to ignore them and if it is found that such a person is in fact just trying to start trouble, i guess we can report them and let the staff take care of it. 

FenderP - i dont think the admin meant to make us all out as bad guys.  He just wanted it to stop regardless of who did what, just stop and that included me and everyone.  It was not personal just and admin warning us that it was out of bounds. 

Ok im ready to get back on track :) 

durangod said:
I agree with you, however i got alittle heated as well when i should not have.  I forgot that the best thing to do with such comments is just to ignore them and if it is found that such a person is in fact just trying to start trouble, i guess we can report them and let the staff take care of it. 

FenderP - i dont think the admin meant to make us all out as bad guys.  He just wanted it to stop regardless of who did what, just stop and that included me and everyone.  It was not personal just and admin warning us that it was out of bounds. 

Ok im ready to get back on track :) 

Well, seems he deleted my post, so thanks for quoting me. Lol

It isn?t finger pointing, it?s called holding the person that sent the thread sideways accountable.

durangod said:
i dont think the admin meant to make us all out as bad guys.  He just wanted it to stop regardless of who did what, just stop and that included me and everyone.  It was not personal just and admin warning us that it was out of bounds. 

Correct

durangod said:
I forgot that the best thing to do with such comments is just to ignore them and if it is found that such a person is in fact just trying to start trouble, i guess we can report them and let the staff take care of it. 

Correct

Back on track here... 

I know that dallas has alot of events, but that is 50+ miles away.  I do get emails from the NRA about local members but none of them so far are anywhere close to me.  So i guess ill have to go to dallas to attend any events.

If you?re going to delete my post, at least have the intestinal fortitude to explain what rules I have broken, oh mighty goderator.

As far as an NRA membership,

I have a friend that contends the NRA member list could used for bad things someday,

(yea, i know a conspiracy theorist )  But with all the data breaches going on everywhere.  Who wants to take any more chances.

Alpena Jeff said:
Crap! Burnt the popcorn. Do you make a new batch or just roll with it?
Sorry for the hijack.

I roll with it. Popcorn is popcorn.  ;D

FenderP said:
Who in their right mind would register their guns?

ok good point.    then by that logic .. who in their right mind would register with a Gun organization  ?  ;D

sightseers said:
ok good point.    then by that logic .. who in their right mind would register with a Gun organization  ?  ;D

The one year I was a member, the NRA never asked or seemed to care about my guns. In fact, if I didn?t have any it wouldn?t matter to the NRA.

If you purchase your firearm at a dealer you have to register it, this is what i was told.  I found out during my first firearm purchase.  I had already ordered my rifle when i found out so i completed that transaction as well.  I have since sold that rifle but its still in my name somewhere in the system.  I was told i did not have to update anyone about the sale, just be sure i got some kind of signed document with the serial number on it signed by myself and the new owner, to protect myself should LE come knocking for some reason in the future.

Regarding why join an organization, just like any club around the country, to share experiences with like minded people. The same as this forum.

Alpena Jeff said:
Crap! Burnt the popcorn. Do you make a new batch or just roll with it?
Sorry for the hijack.

I make a new batch, i for one do not like my popcorn the same as my coffee... lol  Wait i dont drink coffee anymore... hmmmm... so ill have to say coke zero lol

With all the hatred directed towards the NRA ,  I would be worried that a group like Anonymous would hack the site and give Anitifa my name and phone number out there for all the anti right wing hate calls.

durangod said:
If you purchase your firearm at a dealer you have to register it, this is what i was told.  I found out during my first firearm purchase.  I had already ordered my rifle when i found out so i completed that transaction as well.  I have since sold that rifle but its still in my name somewhere in the system.  I was told i did not have to update anyone about the sale, just be sure i got some kind of signed document with the serial number on it signed by myself and the new owner, to protect myself should LE come knocking for some reason in the future.

Regarding why join an organization, just like any club around the country, to share experiences with like minded people. The same as this forum.

I do not believe this is true. I believe any paperwork you fill out to purchase a firearm must be destroyed by law. None of my guns are registered anywhere.

As for LTC, the 2nd is my LTC.

Edit:  I didn’t mean to say what you were saying isn’t true, but that the process you mentioned may not be accurate. I guess it varies state to state.

sightseers said:
With all the hatred directed towards the NRA ,  I would be worried that a group like Anonymous would hack the site and give Anitifa my name and phone number out there for all the anti right wing hate calls.

Well, if they came a callin’, you would win that fight, wouldn’t you?  With folks like me by your side.

FenderP said:
I do not believe this is true. I believe any paperwork you fill out to purchase a firearm must be destroyed by law. None of my guns are registered anywhere.

I guess it varies state to state.

it does indeed.  and not just guns..... in CA next year,  they will do a full background check and record every purchase you make of ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom