Do you really have an extended warranty??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Johnson

If you have an extended warranty and have never made a claim against the policy I suggest you call the warranty administrator and check if your policy is really valid.  Here is why.

I purchased an RV Shield exclusionary policy from Warranty Experts in August.  In December I had a service facility attempt to file a claim with them.  I find out now that my policy has never been put into effect and the claim was denied.  No one will admit any responsability nor have they taken any corrective action to resolve the issue.  Legal action is pending.

I have a two page summation of the proceedings which really paints all parties in a really bad light.  If you would like a copy, PM me and I will email it to you.

Ince that happened to me and it was via samesman named Rodrigous  He was released  And Bill Gardner stepped in and handled it for me.  It was not inforce for a year.  Bill wound up giving me an additional 4 yrs with 50 Deduct instead of 100 the claim was then covered and I'm happy as a lark.

If you are talking about Dave Gardner, the last time I spoke with him he told me it was not his problem, it was mine. 

Wow  He treated me great  Sorry it was Dave  not Bill.  Sorry to hear that    He probably got fed up doing others work and not getting paid  for it but that is a poor way of doing things.  As nice as he was to me  hard to believe that occurred  however I'm not doubting you one bit.  Think I would then call an attorney if you have the canceled check and original sales contract.  I did  and even sent a copy to them

Sorry to hear you are having such a serious problem. I checked on my previous policy about 4 months after it was issued (through a different agency) and will do the same on the new one just purchased thru Warranty Experts.

I having difficulty imagining why W.E. isn't jumping in on your side, assuming they did indeed forward your payment to the insurer. I would think they would want this cleared up almost as badly as you do - their reputation could take a steep nose dive if this sort of thing happens even once. It's a shame you have to resort to an attorney - that's never a good sign for either party in a dispute.

May I ask who [supposedly] is the insurer and/or administrator  that W.E. contracted with in your behalf? My new contract shows Warrentech Automotive of Bedford TX as the administrator and Butler Financial Solutions as the other party to the contract.

Gary, 

Mine is the same as yours, Warrantech Automotive and Butler Financial Solutions.  The agent between WE and RV Shield is an outfit called RV Insurance Solutions.

Jim Johnson said:
If you are talking about Dave Gardner, the last time I spoke with him he told me it was not his problem, it was mine. 

Jim

I had a Catch-22 issue with my policy last spring and Dave jumped right in. Sears wouldn't provide any information to the (or any) warranty company and the warranty company wouldn't cover the repair without an estimate and detail for the repair. Dave contacted both Sears and the warranty company to try to get some agreement, but was unsuccessful.

Sure sounds strange to me that Dave wouldn't jump right in and help  Got to be more to this than we know.  Some where there is a miscommunication or an evil party involved.  That's the way I see it from what I've heard here.  Just doesn't make sense to me. 

Found this from a Consumer affairs.com posting in 2003

I bought an extended warranty from the number listed on the AAA website. I incorrectly assumed that the warranty was backed by AAA. When I received the contract I it became clear that AAA is merely a reseller for contracts by a company called Warrantech. The contract then assigns responsibility for the contract to a third company, Butler Financial Solutions. Once I understood this I exercised my right to cancel the contract within 60 days. It is now clear that Warrantech has no intention whatsoever of honoring that obligation. I sent my letter to them by overnight letter, so I have documentation that the letter was delivered in time.

When I speak to them in the phone, they either: deny having sold the contract, deny having received my cancellation letter, say a check has been mailed and I should be receiving it shortly, or they request additional irrelevant documentation from me. Several others too I will leave out in the interest of brevity. This experience has certainly reinforced my original decision to cancel the contract. I am very much at a loss to describe how disgusted I am.

Back
Top Bottom