Doctors! Do you ever see your doctor at appointment time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valleygeocacher

Does anyone ever see their doctor at or within 30-45 minutes of appointment time?

In South Texas people that I know NEVER see doctors at appointment time.

My Urologist in McAllen, Dr. Seiba never sees a patient with less than 3 hour's wait.

My GP in Alamo, Dr. Jones ALWAYS keeps patients waiting for at least 2 hours.

My Dermatologist in Harlingen, Dr. Walther, usually sees me and other appointments in about 1-1/2 hours -- not too bad.

I went to a new EENT last week; left his office after a four hour wait. Other patients waiting remarked that they had never got in to see him in less than three hours from appointment time.

The sign-in sheet at the EENT showed five patients with the same appointment time as mine. Four patients, like me, left after 2-3 hours waiting. I don't know how long others waited before getting in.

No place we've ever lived had doctors with such an inconsiderate attitude.

Anybody else? Anywhere else?

You forget that you are on Valley Time, nothing happens around here other than SLOW!
C ;D

We always wait less than 30 minutes past the appointment time. ?Actually more often than not we are talking to our doctor within ten minutes of appointment time. ?The nurse usually weighs and takes blood pressure etc before the doc comes in. ?I have never had to wait even 30 minutes for the Urologist. ?Fact is there have been times when we were actually being seen by the doctor before appointment time. ?We never wait more than a few minutes for our dentist either. ?Oh by the way we usually make our appointments less than a month in advance. ?On the other hand my wife just mentioned that when we lived in Texas she was lucky to see he OBGYN with just a 3 hour wait ? Guess the doctors in Montana are more considerate than those in Texas. ?Anyway the doctors and dentists we have are. ;D ;D

You need to come west as we have a glut of doctors and medical facilities!

My regular doctor is unbelievably prompt. Never over 5 minutes late. He is all electronic with tablet computer in hand and writes the prescriptions on it and they are with the girl at the front desk as you leave.

Yesterday I had my colonoscopy at the local med center. Showed at 0730 in the lobby. They had pre-registered me by phone and he took a bit more info and sent me on. At 0759 I all prepped and  watching the big TV monitor and the gut doctor, who I play golf with sometimes, walked in. I said I have a 1000AM tee time so lets get on with it, He said you won't make the tee time but lets get on. He gave me the 'drowsy stuff' and in a few  minutes he and my son came back  in and said all was fine. Before 9 AM I was walking out of the hospital with the color photos of my inside rear. I could post them but  I will spare you all that experience!

I use the VA for a few things here in Long Beach and Los Angeles and I never wait a more than few minutes. It would be very unusual to wait over 30 minutes. The VA here is fully electronic and very little paper.

This has all gotten much better here, as a few year ago it was somewhat like you described.

Bob

Our doctors are in Sun City, AZ, and we are always seen right on time. ?They can't afford to get behind in appointments. ?However, we have never felt rushed when with the doctors.

Years ago I had a dentist who was very popular and successful. New building, 6 or 7 patient rooms, full staff of hygienists, etc. Waiting times were about 2 hours. Finally got fed up after one particularly long waiting time, got his bill, sent a check for the amount, and included a bill on my letterhead to him for 2 1/2 hours waiting time at my then current rate of $80/hr. - total $200. Wrote on the bottom of it "No charge - professional courtesy". Never had to wait again ;D

We have Kaiser insurance so go to their facilities in Southern California.  We make appointments for the first part of the day and have never had to wait.  When I arrive the requested 10 minutes early to  register and make my co payment, we are often seen earlier  than the appointed time. This  is true of physicals exams, mammograms, colonoscopy's and  lab work.  The only place I ever had to wait was at the pharmacy to have a  RX filled and  the wait  was never over 10 minutes.

Now to get a good haircut I might have to wait an extra 1/2 hour or so if my gal is runing behind, but I don't ever want her to be rushed!
Betty

Around here (north central Florida) they seem to run 15-45 minutes late. Occasionally even right on time.  Some are better than others and one of the least busy offices we visit is one of the worst for keeping appointments. But we like the doc so we put up with it.

2-3 hour waits are pathetic and it's hard to believe that could be the norm anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom