Dodge 3500 & Cedar Creek 36RLTS Questions ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajama15

We have a 2005 Dodge 3500 SLT Dually with a 5.9 Cummins Diesel, 4.10 Axle Ratio,4 Speed-Automatic, Long bed, Extended Crew Cab & A FOLD-A-COVER Bed Cover.
We are looking at purchasing a Cedar Creek 36RLTS.
Does Anyone have this set-up? If so, How does it tow in both flat-land and mountain situations?
We are going to do this full-time. Can you tell me how the 36RLTS will hold up? Obviously, if we take good care of it!!
Finally does anyone have an opinion of the 36RLTS as far as quality, reliability, and service ability?
Anything else you can add would be very appreciated!!
Thanks Monti

We have the 34 RLTS.  Have had a few problems, ceiling fan went out, oven pilot light defective, wall between front bedroom and living area came apart on a long trip with some rough roads.. all under warranty.. trailer pulls good, we have a 2003 Chev 2500 D/A, SWB, CC. I get the same mileage as I got with a 27 ft Canyon Trail. Haven't had it in any serious mountains, though.

Thanks Cowboy,
We are concerned that the 3500 won't handle the load both in hauling and in the braking. According to the brochure, both units have the same GVWR. The only difference I can see is the 36RLTS is 570 lbs. heavier in the unloaded weight. I think the 3500 Dually is heavier but in talking to Dodge, we are suppose to be able to tow 15400 lbs.
Some of the guys in this discussion forum have been real helpful with info on what could happen if we try to tow too much weight. Especially decending down the mountains out West and some here on the East coast. We've looked at severall models and the 36 is the one the wife likes. Her point is that if we are going to live in it full-time, the 36 has everything we will need to be comfortable. My point is safety. That's why I'm doing this research. I appreciate your reply.
What areas have you gone with the 34? Do you have a Jacob braking system on your truck?
In the INTRODUCE YOURSELF topic, in this forum, I have explained our situation. It's under "Hello From the Rookies". I guess I'm hoping for someone that has this set-up and say it's alright. LOL
Anyhow, Thanks again for the reply,
Monti

If it were me I would go weigh the truck with full tanks and with you and your passenger/s on board. Then using the GVWR and GCVWR listed on the tag in your truck calculate the weights and determine what you can tow and remain within the published weight limits allowing yourself 15% below the maximum.  Any you have  questions there are a lot of experienced folks here that will help.  In any case DO NOT exceed the weight ratings for your rig no matter what.  Be safe not stupid is a remark a friend use to say.  Over weight is not safe so that only leaves one option left. ;D ;D

Longest trip has been from north central Texas to the Big Bend and back..No, we don't have a jake brake.. I feel that we should upgrade to a dually truck for towing stability and braking,  but I can't make up my mind which one.  Always been a Ford fan in the past.

Back
Top Bottom