Does anyone have a fifth wheel slider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N

newguy

I am sure some of you have slider, can you shed a little light on likes/dislikes? It is going to be an investment, and I would prefer to have a little info from users. I have run searches and apparently it is not talked about that frequently in here, definately not in depth. Thanks

Trey

Look at the PullRite series hitch. They have a mounting system that leaves no rails in the bed when removed. It is based on 1/2 turn twist lock pins holding the hitch down, twist and remove the pins and the bed is clean execpt for four holes for the pins. The hitch moves forward and back as the truck pivots, no remembering to pull the lever.

http://www.pullrite.com/Super5th_MountingKits.html

Nelson

Nelson,
? Do you have one of them installed in your tow? Someone told me the holes they leave in your bed are worst than rails. The holes fill with dirt or grime and it takes a q-tip and vacuum to get hitched up? I had also read that they are a pain to unhitch if you can't get your rigs in a perfect line. Something about 18 deg leeway vs. the 45 deg or so you have with manual slider??? My brain hurts.

Valley Industries also makes an "underbed" hitch mount. See http://www.valleyorders.com/Public/Applications/Default.htm

I have no expereince with this type of hitch - we had an RBW Little Rocker with a pair of flat bars in the bed.  They were seldom any trouble, but not zero trouble.

newguy said:
Nelson,
  Do you have one of them installed in your tow? Someone told me the holes they leave in your bed are worst than rails. The holes fill with dirt or grime and it takes a q-tip and vacuum to get hitched up? I had also read that they are a pain to unhitch if you can't get your rigs in a perfect line. Something about 18 deg leeway vs. the 45 deg or so you have with manual slider??? My brain hurts.

Yes I have the PullRite hitch. I don;t have a problem with holes since the hitch stays in most of the time since it weighs 200 plus I need my son to help me get it out. I do pull it for winter but I have a cover on the bed. I have read about the off center issue but my final line up in a site is not 45 degrees, usually quite straight, so no problem. The 18 degree is where the cam activates and begins to move to the rear.

Nelson

I have a Pull-Rite slider on a 95 2500 short bed Chevy. I have pulled a 30ft Front living room fith wheel Prowler for over 4 years . Have had no problems and it is great in tight quarters . It is heavy for one person but I use a block and tackle , I keep the hitch on a four wheel cart, lift with the tackle and backup under. This works when my son is not at home to help. Keep the proper lube on the slides and it will give you good service . Bill40

Back
Top Bottom