Does anyone know what brand and year (picture)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want to buy it. I'm just curious about what it is, and I wonder why people let things sit and rot like that. At some point it was parked and they stoped maintaining it. Why not sell it then, instead of waiting until it is worthless.

Maybe you should knock on the door and ask them?

There's a million reasons things fall into disarray. Entropy... It's a law...

they hang on to these sort of things because of the memories. "It can't be that bad, it ran great when we parked it." That was a decade or so ago and now all it needs is brakes, lines and all, an all new fuel system to accommodate gas-a-hole and maybe a frame to replace what rusted away. That, with the new tires, interior and a paint job......

Matt

Early '70's Superior or Clark Cortez? Hard to make out many distinct features in that picture. Both had that rounded roof, and slab sides.

I don't want to buy it. I'm just curious about what it is, and I wonder why people let things sit and rot like that. At some point it was parked and they stoped maintaining it. Why not sell it then, instead of waiting until it is worthless.
Well, THAT ship has sailed, I fear.
I see one very similar in design, but far more functional in appearance on a farm I pass going into Greeley. I may stop and ask them about it on my next trip in.

Maybe they are saving it for a retirement project, or it's got the Toronado 455 Engine andTH350 tranny and he's planning on pulling it out one day to make a race car or he's using it as a storage locker and all his patio furniture is in there in the winter. There's lots of reasons, none of them are any of my business.

My guess is with stuff like this it became worthless *before* it was parked, then when it finally expired it became a liability to do anything with it. I'd bet it would be a few thousand bucks to get a hulk like that hauled off, least path of resistance is to leave it be for "later". The folks that used to live next door to me had a class A parked next to the house that hadn't moved in over a decade. Flat tires, stale gas, dead batteries, etc. He passed away and the family advertised it as "if you can start it, you can have it". Eventually someone showed up, got the thing aired up, running and rolling down the road but it was a hurtin' unit.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

The thing has some serious air conditioning on top of it. At least we know the roof is solid!! Can't speak for the rest of it, but that roof...yeah! And condition not withstanding, it actually looks kinda cool.

The thing has some serious air conditioning on top of it. At least we know the roof is solid!! Can't speak for the rest of it, but that roof...yeah! And condition not withstanding, it actually looks kinda cool.
I agree it does look cool. That's what caught my eye.

The more I look, the more I think it is indeed a Clark Cortez. The arrangement of the taillights, I think I can see a driver's door, the roof, fender locations all match. As for year, they were built from 1963 to 1979. The lack of a rear door means it's no older than a 1970 model. I think the presence of a roof AC, if original, also places it well into the 70's.

Attached is a 1977 model. Even has a large storage box on the roof, which is what I think you can see in the OP's picture. And another similar year in the same colors and stripes.

Attachments

• Cortez-1977.jpg
    Cortez-1977.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Different-Cortez-2.jpg
    Different-Cortez-2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads