Does anyone own damon tuskney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the floor plans of the damon if anyone could give me their opinion that would be great.i know they are about middle of the road.we will be buying used and I think the diesael sounds longer lasting.am looking to buy in the next 7years probably before we retire then pay it off with sale of main home what is everyone's favorite choice of motor homes

It is actually Damon Tuscany. I have been living in a 1994 Damon Challenger 32 foot class A gasser most of this year. I really like it. Damon is in the lower end of the RV market and that is why I like it. I don't want a high end unit with all the bells and whistles. I want a simpler unit without all the stuff that can go wrong. I don't need power steps, slides, central vacuum, levelers, satellite dishes or any of those other frills. Of course they make Damons with all that stuff on it. This one is 18 years old and the engine, tranny and the rest of the drive train is nice and solid.

You are right, diesels last longer. But unless you need the extra power to tow in mountains, a gasser will probably outlive you. You might have to rebuild the engine after 150k miles, but that would still be cheaper than getting a diesel if you don't really need one. However if you do need the power then a diesel is the only way to go. I would not buy a diesel just because it would last longer. The average RVer only puts 6000 miles a year on his RV meaning a gasser would last 25 years at least with proper maintenance.

By the time you are ready (in 7 years), many models/manufacturers will have changed a great deal!! There will likely be many other choices available to you at that time.

Back
Top Bottom