Does someone make a stripped down trailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wyomingwapiti

I need to replace our 29.5 ' 1993 Fleetwood Prowler (fifth wheel).  This trailer is used for my job in situations where it is lived in for extended stays in primitive camping situations with up to 4 guys.  I would like a trailer that has no carpeting, two-twin beds located in the upper part (everything I see on the internet has 1 queen size bed), and bunk style beds in the rest of the trailer.  I want a trailer that will hold up.  We take this trailer on rough roads to get into the backcountry.  I want the interior not to be of that flimsy construction I have seen of lately. I am not looking at anything fancy by any means...just build to withstand the test of time.  Is their a company out there that will let me custom order a bare bones, hell for stout trailer?  Considering what our Prowler has been through over the years it has held up amazingly well.  Help me out please.  Thanks.

Have you considered takiing a new bare bones "horse" trailer and customizing. I've seen some pretty nice layouts done this way and there are sturdy.  There are trailer guys that will do the whole job.

Another option is a toy hauler, however it would still have the front queen.  The open style has all sorts of room.

Look at the Fleetowwd Gearbox series.

Is their a company out there that will let me custom order a bare bones, hell for stout trailer?

There are a raft of them.  Rather than a specific website, let me recommend a Google search on the term custom trailers.    Then wade thru the scores of hits till you find a firm that is interesting and is convenient to you in terms of location.

Well, I don't know if it qualify as "stout" .  Personally I don't think any rv made today isn't a piece of junk - it's just the way things are.  But you may want to check out what I have, a Jayco Jayflight 31 BHS.  Queen bed up front, 4 bunks in back.  The bunks fold up and there are huge doors on either side.  Plenty of room for a lot of gear.  I even load a Honda Ruckus scooter in mine with plenty of room for chairs, bbq's, generator, tanks, etc.  And it's pretty reasonably priced - mine was $22k out the door including w/d hitch, brake controller, 2 Lafuma chairs and a second coach battery.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom