Dog ramp specifically for Eagle Cap 1165 truck camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mari-Anne

I am posting this in the Truck Camper forum rather than in the RVing with Pets forum as I am hoping to catch someone with exactly the same type of camper as the one we have.  We have had a Lance 1130 for over 20 years with no issue, however, our new1165 Eagle Cap sits so high off the ground that our 40 lb dog is not able to make the steps and is too heavy for us to lift in our "senior" years.  Most of the ramps we have seen online provide too steep of an angle and most portable steps are not high enough.  Does anyone have experience with an equally high truck camper?

Yes, we had until January an Eagle Cap 1165 (3-slides) as well and travel with two dogs, so I understand your dilemma.  What we used was this https://www.chewy.com/solvit-deluxe-telescoping-pet-ramp/dp/53678  We found it to be very durable, it extended out far enough for our two dogs and us humans to comfortably and safely make it in and out of the truck camper.  We had it a couple years prior to purchasing the EC and used it for our dogs when they were too small to get into the truck, it held up well even with being run over in the driveway by a 28' travel trailer we had the time.

Hi Gizmo - and thank you very much for your response.  I don't think we had seen that ramp, and it sounds like it's more than large and sturdy enough for our needs.  We really appreciate your input.

You are welcome MariAnne, good luck with it and hope it or whatever you choose works for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom