Dogs????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Houndmamas

Hey Everyone -- I am back with more questions ....I am trying to navigate the campgrounds websites to plan a cross-country trip this July....We have 2 dogs and I am finding that the sites seem to have restrictions limiting the number of pets to only 1 ....Is it going to be a problem to find places to reserve with our 2 dogs??? 🤷‍♀️....

Each RV park will have their own rules and regulations. In our experience also with two dogs those that limit to one dog has been few and far between. So I would say you are likely not going to have a problem finding RV parks that will take your two dogs.

Reactions: SMR
Each RV park will have their own rules and regulations. In our experience also with two dogs those that limit to one dog has been few and far between. So I would say you are likely not going to have a problem finding RV parks that will take your two dogs.
Thank you soooo much for your prompt reply -- very comforting to know -- I was kinda freaking out over here -- the few that I looked at all said 1 dog limit and I panicked....

Question: If we want to just dump and refresh our utilities (water, sewage etc.), is there a way to just do that and not necessarily stay in a campground (if, let's say, we want to take turns driving and just drive straight through a bunch of states before we stop for an overnight stay)....

If we want to just dump and refresh our utilities (water, sewage etc.), is there a way to just do that and not necessarily stay in a campground
Some private campgrounds will let you use their dump and fill with water for a fee. Some municipalities and some service stations also have dump an fresh water facilities. Try Sanidumps.com to find them near you

Hey Everyone -- I am back with more questions ....I am trying to navigate the campgrounds websites to plan a cross-country trip this July....We have 2 dogs and I am finding that the sites seem to have restrictions limiting the number of pets to only 1 ....Is it going to be a problem to find places to reserve with our 2 dogs??? 🤷‍♀️....
I used to travel all over the country (and Canada a few times) with two doggies. Medium size. I never had a problem anywhere. Some may ask you about the dogs, but their concern is if they cause trouble. Such as dogs that bark too much or are aggressive.

The RV parks want your business, but even more so, they don't want any problems. That is what it's really all about.

-Don- Reno, NV

Wife and I camp with two dogs, a Chihuahua and a Pom, however, certain dog breed aren't allowed in some campgrounds..ie Pit Bulls, Mastiff come to mind.

Some private campgrounds will let you use their dump and fill with water for a fee. Some municipalities and some service stations also have dump an fresh water facilities. Try Sanidumps.com to find them near you
Sooooo helpful -- thank you...Will do some reading and research on them....

Thank you soooo much for your prompt reply -- very comforting to know -- I was kinda freaking out over here -- the few that I looked at all said 1 dog limit and I panicked....

Question: If we want to just dump and refresh our utilities (water, sewage etc.), is there a way to just do that and not necessarily stay in a campground (if, let's say, we want to take turns driving and just drive straight through a bunch of states before we stop for an overnight stay)....
In addition to what has been said about dumping etc. at RV Parks, RV Parks, Caravan Parks and unique RV Camping locations - Campendium
and RV Dump Stations – rvdumps.com are good resources to locate dump stations and potable water.

State parks and federal campgrounds are usually a lot more welcoming to dogs and cats. I don't have pets, but I see a lot of people with two dogs. I stay almost entirely in state parks because I like more space between campsites and less noise from highways and towns.

Many (not all) Flying J locations have dedicated lanes for Rv's to fuel, dump, and refill water tank.

I've camped with 2 dogs, and likewise it's mostly not having the 2 dogs (lab and Corgi), it's having 2 non-stop barkers or 2 pit bulls that are the concern. One of my friends camps with 3 labs with no problems.

Also, I've camped in Northern Michigan at a horse campground which had no dumping facilities and so would pay at the local KOA to dump.

As others have mentioned Flying J/Pilot is an option. Here's a the link to a PDF that lists all RV related facilities by State at Flying J/Pilot truck stops. Handy resource.

Back
Top Bottom