Domestic Frig. Won't work on AC. Not Ground fault. Landline it Works fine.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geonetter

What a huge mystery. Domestic M2652, brand new. Not a Dometic issue. Power is 121.5 volts, were it plugs in. Nothing has changed, at all, since old Dometic was pulled. I even changed out the one GF outlet, in bathroom. Unplug it, and works fine on gas. Push button down to, ALL, and the Check light comes on. Shuts down gas. If the whole coach is plugged in, or not, it shuts gas down, check light comes on, when its plugged in behind the frig.
All A.C. works everything, as it always has. Microwave, A.C., all outlets. It can plug into the outside outlet. Same thing. Shuts it down. Works like a champ, on landline A.C.. Generator power is the same. Shuts down gas, CHECK light comes on immediately. Weird. Thanks for any help.

Are you saying it works good when plugged into shore power but does not work when the generator is running?

The other one just quite working so good. Condensation started up on fins. Higher temps. So replaced, and it works so good cold. But only on gas. Both gas and electric work on landline fine. But plug frig into frig ac outlet, and it's a no go. Goes to, check. I can keep it unplugged with gas going. But it should work be working. Reads 121.5 volts at the frig outlet. Someone said polarity. Does this mean switching the black and white wires at the frig ac outlet? It's a 1987 Fleetwood Pace Arrow.

Air conditioner, microwave, all work fine. The air conditioner is not on, at all.

Generator, shore line, it doesn't make a difference. Simply plugging it in, it should go to gas automatically. When ac power is turned on, by pushing the ALL button (landline or generator), with gas operating, it goes to CHECK. If its unplugged from ac outlet, WORKS great! Plug it in, CHECK light. Nothing electrical has been messed with, since the old Dometic was removed. All fuses checked, but that won't explain it working good with an extension cord from house outlet. So, it's dedinately something in the ac outlet. The outside ac outlet, just below the access, I can plug it in there. Same thing. Will reversing the black and white wires in the outlet, correct this?

On a 120 volt a/c receptacle, the black wire always goes on the gold terminal, the white wire goes to the silver terminal, and the ground/green wire goes to the green terminal.

It reads correct on the outlet. Nothing had been changed, at all. Ground fault was changed, but it was working fine. Working fine now. Shore power, and it's off to the races. But shore power through the pull-out power cord, and it's , CHECK. Makes no sense. The brand new Dometic DM2652, is recognizing something to stop any A.C.. All 12 volt wires are proper, and where they should be, because IT WORKS GREAT ON SHORE POWER.

I will post the solution, when its discovered. Thanks for the help. This IS rocket science! I was hoping someone would know know right away. It must be simple. Something in the coach. Yet no problems before. I'm just upgrading.

OK I'm going to throw out somethings that caught my eye

If you plug the refrigerator into a extension cord and into a house outlet it works fine. But if you plug it into the coach plug using shore power it faults out.

This would tell me that the refrigerator is working properly

Ground fault was changed

This is a HUGE RED FLAG....Why did you change it? Go back and check your work and make sure you have all your wires in the right places

kdbgoat said:
On a 120 volt a/c receptacle, the black wire always goes on the gold terminal, the white wire goes to the silver terminal, and the ground/green wire goes to the green terminal.

It was doing the very same before GF was changed. RV fellow said it could the the problem. So, I decided as old as it is, change it anyway. It made no difference. But, we know one thing, something is screwy with the ac power, on the new frig., only. Everything is fine with all ac items. The frig. outlet reads 121.5.

Ok on my dometic do not know if yours is the same. the plug plugs into an outlet in the outside compartmetn First check is the outlet. Plug in a trouble light and make sure it lights brightly.

Next power goes to a fuse/terminal board bottom center. Check along the power path with a volt meter CAREFULLY.. finally it gets to the control board tucked into a box lower left.. I've never gotten that far in troublle shooting so beyond that can't help save to pull all plugs and connectors and restore...
Just unplug and plug back in

Reads 121.5. Varies a little. Won't drop below 121. Any other suggestions on this great mystery will be very welcomed. It should plug in and go. Gas great! A littlw ceramic heater runs great at thst outlet. Yes, its outside, behind the frig. Of course in the frig cavity. This thing should be cut and dried.

I will try other's, inside. I did. The one, on the outside of access door, same response as the one inside the frig. access door. The cord does , just will reach it.

phil-t said:
With an extension cord - try a different outlet/circuit in the coach?

Phil, I think they did try that because they said "The outside ac outlet, just below the access, I can plug it in there. Same thing".

Tried two other ac outlet's inside the coach. They're hot.
Check light still comes on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom