Dometic Fridge door hinge cap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j.cowling

Can I buy just this cap to reattach the bottom of my door to the hinge pin?  I just bought this camper and it has a couple minor issues.  One being this cap.  The fridge doesn't get cold on electric either, freezer does.  I've been googling that.  Thanks in advance.

Its a Dometic, DM2652RBX.  The pin is still sticking up down there, but looks like whatever attaches the door over it, has broken off.

Is this cover just for cosmetics?
How long did you let the fridge run? It could take several hrs before the fridge gets cold. The freezer gets cold 1st then the fridge part is next.

If the fins in the back (inside) of the fridge compartment are getting cold after several hours, I would suspect they never will and that the cooling unit has failed.  The fridge portion gets chilled by a second stage cooling action once the freezer begins to get cold. If the second stage isn't happening, it means some of the coolant gas (the hydrogen) has leaked out.  A replacement cooling unit is a bolt in job you could do yourself, but it ain't cheap.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
If the fins in the back (inside) of the fridge compartment are getting cold after several hours, I would suspect they never will and that the cooling unit has failed.  The fridge portion gets chilled by a second stage cooling action once the freezer begins to get cold. If the second stage isn't happening, it means some of the coolant gas (the hydrogen) has leaked out.  A replacement cooling unit is a bolt in job you could do yourself, but it ain't cheap.

It allows the door to fall off when opened if you?re not careful and it may be preventing a seal.

j.cowling said:
It allows the door to fall off when opened if you?re not careful and it may be preventing a seal.

Sorry I replied to the wrong one lol. The fins did not get cold on propane. Just electric.

The fins did not get cold on propane. Just electric.
Are you sure the flame is lighting?? Open the back outside and have a look. Better still, have someone inside start the fridge on propane and have a look at the whole sequence to determine what does or does not happen. Can you smell propane after an attempt?? When it starts it has quite a small flame, only about the size of a pilot light!!!

It can take quite a few attempts to start the propane operation especially if the propane has been off for a while. If it fails to light properly, the fridge has to be turned off completely and then turned back on to reset the controller properly and permit another try.

Crap...I meant they did not get cold on electric.  Only on propane.  Sorry, doing this on my phone.  It worked fine on propane

The fridge is plugged into a outlet behind the fridge. See if you have power there by plugging a light, fan or blow drier in the outlet or use a meter. If there's no power, check to see if the circuit breaker has tripped in your RV entrance panel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom