Dometic fridge issues and san-t-flush issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dansly56

Hello, I’m new to this forum and new to travel trailers I recently bought a 2013 eclipse Milan lite travel trailer that has a dometic fridge and It’s only been used 6 times and it was working great last month when I went to go see it before buying it but I took it out this weekend to a rv park with full hook ups and only the freezer is cool to the temperature of the fridge and the fridge isn’t working. I’ve checked the fuses on both inside and outside of the trailer as well as checked to see if it’s working just on propane and thats working but not cooling the fridge. There is a trip breaker on the plug outlets next to the fridge in the sink area and when I reset those the fridge fan kicks on a few minutes later and that fan kicks on every 3-5hrs and shuts back off but no cooling or freezing in the fridge. I also adjusted the cooler cable in the fridge to the highest cooling setting and nothing. What else can I check? Not sure if I was leveled 100% but it sure felt like I was.

Now for the San-t-flush, I hooked the hose, turned it on, up opened the black and gray lever and nothing came out and I ran that for 5min. I also switched opening black to gray and gray to black to see if anything came out and nothing. My question is where is that water going after not coming out of those tanks? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum.
Is this the first time you use this RV?
The model of the fridge may help,
As far as the flush system, that is typically just for the black tank. Are you positive you are opening the black tank drain. Most rv’s have two gray tanks and one black tank. You may be just opening both gray tank drains. Look for another drain valve handle. Just a thought.

Last edited:
It's possible you may need to allow more time for the fridge to cool down. A minimum amount of time to cool down from room temperature is 12 hours. Some take longer. Check for a flame in the outside panel with it in the propane mode. If a flame is present, be sure it remains present. Let it run 12-24 hours and check the results. If you find it is cooling, change it to electric and see if it continues to cool. It sounds like you are level enough.

Tanks could be clogged and not draining. Be sure everything is properly turned on and listen for water in the tank.

Welcome to the forum.
Is this the first time you use this RV?
The model of the fridge may help,
As far as the flush system, that is typically just for the black tank. Are you positive you are opening the black tank drain. Most rv’s have two gray tanks and one black tank. You may be just opening both gray tank drains. Look for another drain valve handle. Just a thought.
This is the first time using the RV. I will need to get that model number next weekend. I’m positive about the black and gray tanks located next to the rv drain where I hook my sewer hose up to. I had a campsite neighbor check it out as well and he was also puzzled on where the water was going it was a mystery since it wasn’t draining out but it was taking all this water in. Him and I were both puzzled.

It's possible you may need to allow more time for the fridge to cool down. A minimum amount of time to cool down from room temperature is 12 hours. Some take longer. Check for a flame in the outside panel with it in the propane mode. If a flame is present, be sure it remains present. Let it run 12-24 hours and check the results. If you find it is cooling, change it to electric and see if it continues to cool. It sounds like you are level enough.

Tanks could be clogged and not draining. Be sure everything is properly turned on and listen for water in the tank.

we ran the fridge on auto for 4 days with propane tanks on because we used the stove to cook and yes I switched to propane and open the fridge door and can hear it come on and I also opened the fridge panel outside and seen the burner light up when we switched it to propane not auto. I didn’t run it on propane for 12-24hrs though only on auto seeing that I was hooked up to 30amp.

the blank tank was draining fine when we needed to drain it when it will fill up it’s the san t flush that wasn’t working and seemed clogged up but where did the water go because I had the black open and gray then both at the same time and nothing

Either you have a bad cooling unit or a problem with the electric mode. Auto mode will always choose electric if you are plugged in. If you were on auto and plugged in for 4 days with no cooling, I would change it to propane and let it run on that to see if you get cooling. The fact that the fridge cooled properly when you first looked at the camper woukd indicate that the cooling unit is probably good. Maybe it was on propane when you first saw the camper?

Can you hear water flowing in the tank when you turn on the San t flush?

Either you have a bad cooling unit or a problem with the electric mode. Auto mode will always choose electric if you are plugged in. If you were on auto and plugged in for 4 days with no cooling, I would change it to propane and let it run on that to see if you get cooling. The fact that the fridge cooled properly when you first looked at the camper woukd indicate that the cooling unit is probably good. Maybe it was on propane when you first saw the camper?

Can you hear water flowing in the tank when you turn on the San t flush?

When I first seen the camper it was hooked up to electricity not propane he didn’t have any propane tanks. The Sani flush I could not hear anything go inside the black tanks it seem clogged but mysteriously didn’t know where the water was going

When I first seen the camper it was hooked up to electricity not propane he didn’t have any propane tanks. The Sani flush I could not hear anything go inside the black tanks it seem clogged but mysteriously didn’t know where the water was going
You say you couldn’t hear anything so how do you know water was going into the black tank. You should hear water flowing and even the spray hitting the wall of the tank.

You say you couldn’t hear anything so how do you know water was going into the black tank. You should hear water flowing and even the spray hitting the wall of the tank.
What I meant was after we filled the black tank we would empty it but not through the sani flush it was through the cutt water connection and flushing the toilet to fill up the black water tank. What I’m saying is when I connect to the sani flush there is nothing going into the black tank because nothing comes out of it using the sani flush system. So where is the water going?

What I meant was after we filled the black tank we would empty it but not through the sani flush it was through the cutt water connection
Now I’m confused. You can’t and don’t drain the tank through the sani flush system like you said above and what is the cutt water connection you mention?

What you need to do is after draining the black tank, shut off the fresh water hose, go inside the RV and open up the toilet valve. You should be able to see the bottom of the tank if the pipe goes straight down into the tank.
If you can’t see the bottom of the tank, then you are not opening the black water tank drain valve.
If you do see the bottom of the tank, then turn on the sani flush system. Again, open up the toilet valve and look down. You should see water flowing..
I’m still saying you have another drain valve someplace or like Henry said, your tank outlet may be plugged. You should be able to tell when you look into the tank through the toilet.

Now I’m confused. You can’t and don’t drain the tank through the sani flush system like you said above and what is the cutt water connection you mention?

What you need to do is after draining the black tank, shut off the fresh water hose, go inside the RV and open up the toilet valve. You should be able to see the bottom of the tank if the pipe goes straight down into the tank.
If you can’t see the bottom of the tank, then you are not opening the black water tank drain valve.
If you do see the bottom of the tank, then turn on the sani flush system. Again, open up the toilet valve and look down. You should see water flowing..
I’m still saying you have another drain valve someplace or like Henry said, your tank outlet may be plugged. You should be able to tell when you look into the tank through the toilet.
Sorry I meant city water not cutt water. When we were leaving camp to go home I emptied the black tank first than the gray tank and it all came out as normal BUT when I put the hose in the sani flush and turned the water on nothing was coming out of the black tank or the gray tank but where was the water going is what I’m saying since it didn’t come out of the black tank when I turned on the sani flush. I only have 3 tanks. Gray, black and fresh water tank. There is only 1 hook up for the sewer black and gray tank and nothing came out of that when I tried to use the sani flush.

Attachments

• 3286DC49-EF6F-480A-88E2-36FBA3B60A9D.jpeg
    3286DC49-EF6F-480A-88E2-36FBA3B60A9D.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 6
Looks like you were testing things out at Wine Country in Paso Robles! We go there often.

to me it sounds like your black tank rinse sprayer in the tank might be clogged. I can't think of an easy way to fix that. It probably requires removing the tank or at minimum finding where the water lines go into the tank.

There is probably an anti-backflow valve right behind where you attach the hose to the flush.

About your refer: good advice so far. Depending on the model it may have one or two 110v heating elements. If it has two it's an even bet that one of them is burned out. What you describe is a classic symptom of that.

If you don't have a manual for the refer they are easily found online. Most include troubleshooting guides.

Good luck with it.

When we were leaving camp to go home I emptied the black tank first than the gray tank and it all came out as normal BUT when I put the hose in the sani flush and turned the water on nothing was coming out of the black tank or the gray tank but where was the water going is what I’m saying since it didn’t come out of the black tank when I turned on the sani flush.
Since you didn't hear any spraying and nothing came out, the obvious answer is it wasn't going anywhere, i.e. no water flowing in thru the San-T-Flush inlet. Could be a clogged inlet screen (or check valve,if it has one), clogged spray tip, or a faulty anti-backflow device.

You never did give an answer as to whether you actually hear water flowing when you turn on the sani flush hose. You should hear the water going through the hose and into the sani flush system. Please reply.

You never did give an answer as to whether you actually hear water flowing when you turn on the sani flush hose. You should hear the water going through the hose and into the sani flush system. Please reply.
When I turn the water on I hear it up to the inlet of the sani flush but that’s it. I went in the trailer and can hear any water running in I even opened the toilet and held down the flush and nothing.

When I turn the water on I hear it up to the inlet of the sani flush but that’s it. I went in the trailer and can hear any water running in I even opened the toilet and held down the flush and nothing.
So it looks now like you’re not getting any water through the sani flush so that’s why you don’t see any water from the black tank. You’re going to have to drop the belly material to locate the entry point of the flusher. Then it’s just a matter of taking it apart to clean. On my tank it’s on the front wall of the tank and sprays to the rear of the tank where the drain valve is. One thing to remember is you have to have a screen on the inlet where you connect the hose. That stops sand from getting in and plugging up the small holes in the flusher.

now that I think of it look and see if you have a screen on your inlet. If you do, it may be plugged stopping water from flowing. You can get new screens at a hardware store or Lowe’s.

Since you didn't hear any spraying and nothing came out, the obvious answer is it wasn't going anywhere, i.e. no water flowing in thru the San-T-Flush inlet. Could be a clogged inlet screen (or check valve,if it has one), clogged spray tip, or a faulty anti-backflow device.
So where is all that pressurized city water going when I hook it up to the sani flush? That’s a lot of force of water running into the sani flush for 5min

So it looks now like you’re not getting any water through the sani flush so that’s why you don’t see any water from the black tank. You’re going to have to drop the belly material to locate the entry point of the flusher. Then it’s just a matter of taking it apart to clean. On my tank it’s on the front wall of the tank and sprays to the rear of the tank where the drain valve is. One thing to remember is you have to have a screen on the inlet where you connect the hose. That stops sand from getting in and plugging up the small holes in the flusher.

now that I think of it look and see if you have a screen on your inlet. If you do, it may be plugged stopping water from flowing. You can get new screens at a hardware store or Lowe’s.
Visually I didn’t see a screen unless it’s further in. My sani flush is about up to my stomach not sure if I can reach up there to disconnect it

Visually I didn’t see a screen unless it’s further in. My sani flush is about up to my stomach not sure if I can reach up there to disconnect it
The s green would be right there where you make up the hose. If you don’t see one then chances are your flushing nozzle got plugged up because there was no screen.

To disconnect the flusher it’s not at the end where the shore power hose connects to. It’s inside the belly of the rv right where it enters the tank. It probably will be on the opposite end from where the sewer outlet is on the tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom