Dometic fridge problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tileman

1996 Fleetwood Storm, Dometic rm2652, control board: dinosaur model, micro p-711, Dometic adjustable thermistor. It's the good problem, it's getting to cold. I replaced the adjustable thermistor, didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have suggestions before I replace the Dinosaur?

I'm not aware of an adjustable thermister (or even what that means). The thermister is usually adjusted by moving it towards or away from the coldest point on the chiller fins. Does yours have a dial or other control that alters how it reports to the controller?

The 2652 is an automatic temp control system (not temp setting on the eyebrow control panel). If the thermister was disconnected or not functioning, that model goes into a manual control mode. See the Service Tips manual at

I'm not aware of an adjustable thermister (or even what that means). The thermister is usually adjusted by moving it towards or away from the coldest point on the chiller fins. Does yours have a dial or other control that alters how it reports to the controller?

The 2652 is an automatic temp control system (not temp setting on the eyebrow control panel). If the thermister was disconnected or not functioning, that model goes into a manual control mode. See the Service Tips manual at

Thanks for the reply. The original control panel was replaced with Dinosaur micro p-711. I'm testing it with the new thermister disconnected right now. This thermister has worked great for 4 years.

Attachments

• thermister control.jpg
    thermister control.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm testing it with the new thermister disconnected right now.
With the thermister disconnected it goes into constant cool. The same is true for an open or a shorted thermister. I copied the following from the service manual for your refrigerator model.
THERMISTOR
Disconnect the thermistor harness from the P2, 2-pin terminal on the lower circuit board. Place the thermistor in a glass of ice water, approximately 33°F to 35°F. Wait 2 to 3 minutes. You should get a reading of approximately 7,000 to 10,000 ohms.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom