Dometic fridge temp adjust?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darin

I did a search, and found
There is a sensor (thermistor) on one of the fins in the back of the refrigerator, moving it up or down will change the internal temperature of that part of the box.
on this thread thread

I have a white plastic thing on one of the fins. Is this the adjustment? If so, how do I adjust it for a tad colder?

Hi Darin,
Yes, that is the adjustment. Slide it up or down on the fin to adjust the amount of cold to each side of the box. (freezer or refer.

Jerry

Boy, I'm glad I read this.  I thought to make the adjustment you moved it left or right on the row of fins, not up and down on the same fin.  So if you want the freezer colder you move the slide up toward the freezer and vice-versa for the fridge?

My fridge is fine, but at least I know what to do now if something goes wrong.

Thanks!

Marsha~

I'm not sure which way to move it but when my refer was freezing and the freezer wasn't, I moved it about 1 inch but with CRS I can't remember which way.

Jerry

According to the decal next to where the thermistor is attached to the fin up is colder and down is warmer. I really don't know what that means with regard to the freezer or refrigerator compartments, if anything at all.

In reading the manual that came with the fridge it doesn't even mention the thermistor. I had this Dometic installed new in January after the 3 years and 4 days old one sprung a leak.

On edit, Model is DM2852

Think North ... UP (colder) .... South ... Down (Warmer)

We often think in terms of going NORTH up to Minnesota (colder), SOUTH down to Texas (warmer)

Works for me anyway.   ;D

Howard

Howard Rawley said:
Think North ... UP (colder) .... South ... Down (Warmer)

We often think in terms of going NORTH up to Minnesota (colder), SOUTH down to Texas (warmer)

Works for me anyway.   ;D

Howard

Mine is already at the top (top part of movable thingie to level with the top of the fin)  and my freezer is zero F. and the refrigerator is 38F, which are both reasonable temps.

But what happens if I move it up even more, so part of the sensor won't be touching anything? That I have not tried, as it works well as it is. I am just curious.

-Don- Spokane, WA​

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom