Dometic fridge will not work on AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been following this thread with interest. I have no problem with my fridge since the cooling unit failed and I replaced it...but I was just interested in this problem and the fix. I never heard of a fridge defaulting to gas when in Auto and good AC electric was present. So this turned out to be a circuit board...that makes sense. However, when people were saying that it couldn't be the eyebrow panel I wondered about that. I think I would have troubleshot the eyebrow board before replacing the circuit board. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere in this case but I was thinking (in non technical terms) when in Auto the eyebrow panel causes the circuit board to look for AC voltage. If the AC in not present the system (circuit board) defaults to gas operation. If the Auto function switch, or circuit in the eyebrow panel, was defective and didn't send the Auto signal or sent a wrong signal due to a defecting switch or a short, could that not cause the gas function to be powered???

Gary: I agreed with everything you wrote. However, I question whether the eyebrow panel could be automatically eliminated as not being able to cause this problem. I learned a lot in replacing my cooling unit... I guess I need to learn exactly how the eyebrow panel functions.

read thru this because my Dometic 3862 suddenly wont run on LP.....works fine on 110v. Fires and trips off after about 30 seconds.....will start another thread so I don't muddy the water. :)

akerrairstreamer, did you ever get resolution on this? I have the identical problem, have done every test possible including, also, replacing the main board. I removed the eyebrow, checked the readings there as well. I just don't understand where the problem lies.

Wish I could say the same, a new control board did not fix our issue. Looking into the moustache board next....all other options have not worked.
Did you get a solution? I have the same problem, tried everything. I have an appointment for next week but seems crazy I can't fix it myself.

Did you get a solution? I have the same problem, tried everything. I have an appointment for next week but seems crazy I can't fix it myself.
Hi there. Yes we finally found the problem. Believe it out not it was the electric cord in back from the ref to the outlet. Bad cord. New one (like a 10.00 cost) fixed the problem. Of course this is after all of the many other try’s, including buying a new control board. Well at least we now have a spare! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom