Dometic furnace thermostat is bonkers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob&Deryl

We are Sleeping in the trailer in the driveway for the first time tonight and tomorrow night. It is a bit cool tonight so we thought we would fire up the furnace to take the chill off. We turned on, and pushed the mode button to get heat. When we tried to set the temperature, we pressed the up button and sometimes the setting increased and sometimes it switched to Celsius and sometimes it went nuts and went down to 40 (with the up button). I am guessing the thermostat is toast. I like toast in the morning but I wanted heat.

It appears to be a Dometic 3316250. The user interface is as bad as I have ever seen even if it was working.
There appears to be only 3 wires to it.

Any suggestions on a replacement that isn’t so bad?

thanks

The 3 wires to the unit look to be tight. The buttons look to be capacitive and it seems they are just an insulated way to touch the 3 terminals on the circuit board.

How do I know what (not dometic) replacements will work?
I assume a residential unit would not as they often have 5 or 6 wires?

I'll take a whack at this - did you verify you have good 12v power? If your thermostat has a fuse did you try popping it out and back in? I'm more of a novice at this compared to others but thought I'd ask....

We had the same issues. Unclip the cover and just touch the terminals with your fingers (ours were capacitive) or use a keypad stylus as you might on a tablet or phone screen if you are worried about voltage. The dealer told me to originally remove the cover and cut the foam behind the buttons but that never really worked. If you have any doubts, post a picture of the control and I can verify if it's the same as ours.
TonyL

Just googled your part number, it's the same as ours, same issues. Remove the cover to operate the thermostat.
TonyL

Back
Top Bottom