Dometic Garbage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Couchfam2005

I have a 7 month old 35ft tracer.  Everything in it is Dometic and I have had nothing but problems with the ac and the fridge.  Are there any rv brands that dint have dometic products in them?

Welcome

I  beg to differ but I have Dometic in my old RV and they function quite well.
Perhaps we can help you figure out your problems if you tell us about them.
The moderators here will suggest you start a new thread for each question.
That helps keeping things separate and on track.

I agree, often problems are ones caused by incorrect installation, most commonly venting issues with RV refrigerators, lack of exhaust fans being used in slide mounted refrigerator applications, or improper baffling..

The RV is built from a collection of readily available components.  For a given component, there are usually only 2 or 3 suppliers.  As such, most units will contain Dometic components.  As Isaac said, I suspect installation issues over bad products.  Start a new thread concerning one appliance, including model and age, and see if we can help troubleshoot.

It is getting harder and harder to find non-dometic products.  But I'm wondering what kind of issues you have had.  One of the biggest issues with Dometic Fridges is failure to follow the clearly printed instructions in the owner's manual in regard to a drip tube.. Messes up one of the electrical panels from dripping water that is supposed to go.. elsewhere. (this is in the outside compartment. the tube is SUPPOSED to exit via a vent hole in the access door and drip drip drip OUTSIDE the RV. not on the main power connection board.

Another major issue has to do with understanding.

My Dometic Fridge is 13 years old and as of a few minutes ago was still working fine.

The Microwave.. now that's another story. My Dometic microwave is really an LG (Lousy Goods) product (Ok Lucky Goldstar).. In fact they kept the dame model number.. I have NEVER had an LG product I was 100% happy with, NEVER. though (I was able to fix the microwave.. Required I make some modifications and replace one part with a GE part..

As I recall A&E (Awnings) and Kwikee are all part of the "Dometic" family now. as is Atwood (My water heater and furnace. now on those I have repalced circuit boards.. Once.  in 13 years. )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom