Dometic not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Day to All:

This is my first post so please bare with me on any hiccups i might have explaining what i have troubleshooted so far.  I need you guys expertise to verify what I think is my fridge is shot.

Dometic DM2652RBX (see attachments)
-no lights on control panel inside camper on fridge
-no lights on the inside of fridge
-fuses good both on control board on back of fridge and inside on fuse panel
-voltage good on both outlet for shore power and 12v dc from battery
-there is a yellow powdery substance coming from cooling element (online says cooling element is shot)
-LP doesn't work

thanks in advance

Eric

Welcome!  I believe online is correct.  You may also have electrical issues, but a yellow substance coming from the cooling unit means that the cooling unit has a leak and is no good.

I agree with Paul. Also, don't try to run it any more. It could end up possibly causing a fire.

Welcome to the Forum!

The yellow powder indeed indicates the cooling unit is shot.  The question becomes replace the cooling unit or the entire refrigerator.  With other electrical issues, I suggest replacing the entire unit.

As the others have said, your current unit is shot.  I think you have four potential options.  Buy a new unit, which is around $1,000; buy a used unit and gable that it will work; see if your current unit can be rebuilt, which will probably cost you about what a new unit would cost; switch to a residential unit.  My personal preference, when I got tired of my old Norcold was to switch to a residential unit.  The one I put in was a Samsung and we love it.

Without knowing your rig and what type camping you do I cannot recommend a regular fridge over an RV fridge.
But if you want to go the used route 2 places to check are Colaws RV salvage and Visione RV. Both buy wrecked RV's and part them out.

If you are always hooked up to power then a residential unit is okay. If you have a residential unit and boon dock then you will have to supply power to the unit somehow and invert the power to 110for the fridge. Some have installed battery banks and solar others run the genny a lot to keep one orr two batteries charged.
Your camping style will determine your solution.

Back
Top Bottom