Dometic refridgerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chipishere

I have a 2004 Forest River Sandpiper lite.I have a Dometic fridge LP/Elec. that wont light up the power button. checked fuses on circuit board, I have power to 5amp fuse but not 3amp. not sure where to go from here, Bad board?  Any insight would be grest.

The 3A fuse is the 12v DC power supply to the circuit board, so if you don't have power there, nothing works and no lights on the controls. Start tracing the 12vdc power back to its source - you may have a blown fuse in the RV 12v panel, or maybe a wire got broken somewhere along the way.

What Dometic model is it? Service manuals are available (free) at http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

There are multiple boards. On my Domctic if you open the outer cover bottom dead center (The worst POSSIBLE place to put it) is the primary power connection board. It has fuses.

Off to the left, may be partially covered with Insulation is a black box. there is a 2nd board WITH MORE FUSES inside that box.  This is the control board.

Plugged into it, is, among other things, a multi-pin cable (Bunch of pins not just one or 4 or 7) that runs up to the EYEBROW board (the control board at the top of the fridge)(

I did have these plugs need to be unplugged and replugged a few times once.

But you need to check for 12 volt TO the fridge. (From house distribution panel) and then check the fuses inside the black box.

WHy is the bottom center the worst place for the power connetions???

The "Drip Dube" (Ribbed tube with kind of a plug in the end) needs to be put out via one of the ventelation holes in the outer "Door" when you put the door back on. If you do not do this the water (Condensate from teh fins in the fridge) drip=Drip-Drips on top of that board.

Back
Top Bottom