Dometic Royal, DM 3801, 1989 HR Crown Imperial, New board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Geezer

Hi Folks,
I am new to the forum. We are new to the RV world and are excited to be starting our adventures to be out and about. We have purchased a 1989 Holiday Rambler and are restoring it. (sprucing it up actually.) It is in very good shape and has low miles.
I could use your help.
We are having a problem with our Dometic Royal DM 3801 fridge. It runs on propane and electricity only, as far as we can tell. Right now it only runs on gas. We had it into the shop and were told that we need a new circuit/control board. We were told they would call us when the part gets in. The repair shop keeps, in my opinion, leading us on as far as getting the part. I have had a problem getting straight answers or conflicting answers (like a car dealership's mumble-jumble) from them. In all fairness, they have been good to me overall, price-wise, and so forth but are totally swamped. I get it!
Is anyone familiar with which board we need and where to get one? I want to get it and take it to them or replace the darned thing myself.
Am I being impatient expecting the part to have been here by now? It's been over a month. I look online and put in my fridge model and boards seem to pop up but I do not know for certain which one is the correct one.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Geezer.

You can always try to source it yourself. A 32 year old part may be a little scarce.
When looking, double check spelling of Royal, I think it might be Royale, we had that model in a previous coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom