Dometic thermistor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hurthunter

Have a Dometic1350 2020 year. Frig about 55 degrees and freezer 33. 90degrees outside. Fans run good good airflow. Fan onside. Should I replace my thermistor? Where to start. How about the new snip it style?

Are you running on gas or electric? Does it work the same on either gas or electric?

On most Dometic fridges if you unplug the thermistor from the circuit board, the fridge will go full cold.

There is a lot of good info found in these pages Norcold Troubleshooting & Repair Landing Page + VIDEOS

How long has it been running? How are you measuring the temps. I have a digital dual sensor fridge temp meter. Bluetooth. Hang sensors in both fridge and freezer and monitor, no opening the doors. Is this empty or with something in it. If you do nothing but fill milk jugs with cold water and put them in, it will cool off better than totally empty.

Charles

Thanks for your reply. Tired both propane and elec same results. Tomorrow I'll disconnect from the board and check that out. I have a thermostat inside to measure. Worked well first day on this trip. Then warmer then needed.

The best mod I ever did was to add 4 large computer fans to suck air through the heat exchanger.

Snip-The-Tip might do the trick. I recommend you do both.

Is snip the tip as easy as it looks? They have a disclaimer that you should be certified expert or is that a CYA sentence? Thanks

It's 'dead simple'. You cut the wires to the old thermistor and use the included twist on connectors to splice in the new one. I don't think polarity matters.

I'll disconnect from the board and check that out.
That is definately what you should do first. Thermisters do occasionally fail, but not often. When they do fail it almost always causes the refrigerator to go into constant cool mode and the result is too low temperatures, not too warm.
Is snip the tip as easy as it looks?
Should be.
I don't think polarity matters.
It doesn't matter. A thermister is just a resistor that changes value based on the temperature.

Now the bad news. Your symptoms point to a probable failure of the cooling unit. If you do not have one, download a copy of the Dometic Service Manual from this link. You would be wise to do some troubleshooting of the refrigerator as guessing and replacing parts can get very expensive with little result. Since you have 2 threads on this problem, I suggest that you look at what Gary & I both posted on the other thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom