Domicile and Mailing Address

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the amount of time you intend to spend in AZ. Have you considered buying your own lot in a place like Happy Trails in Surprise or a similar facility? I know over the years there have been several members of the RV Forum that have had lots there or in El Mirage.
No sir, that hasn't even entered our minds. When we sell this house and acreage in AR, we do not want to be buying anymore property anywhere.

That being said, even if we were to entertain going that route, that park you linked to and the other one are way too "amenity-heavy" for our taste. We want something about as low-key as you can get. A laundry room is nice, but that's about it. A pool, tennis courts, a dance hall, a gym, etc., only attracts large groups of folks. Large groups of folks is what we're trying to avoid if at all possible.
:cool:

The Sonoran Desert RV Park in Gila Bend is on our list right now, but even it is a tad more than we are looking for. We also have our eye on the Coyote Howls West park about an hour south of that in Why, AZ. It's a bit out of the way, but it isn't overrun with people most of the year.

Ok so since what I haven't seen or might have missed is you saying you've talked with the AZ DMV and know exactly what their requirements are for establishing domicile. We have both a physical and PO Box in KY and while our physical address is what's on our licenses the DMV has had mail returned to them because the post office refuses to put mail with just our street address in our box. However if we put the PO box numbers after the zipcode (28769-0243) they will deliver it. This should get all of your mail delivered to a PO Box even tax stuff. That's how I get my tax forms delivered to my PO box.

The DMV is a different animal. Since they had mail that did not have our PO box # listed after the zip code returned they required us to show 2 forms of proof of both the street and PO box addresses to get our licenses. In the age of digital business and my being away out of state working all the time most everything is either paid online and paperless statements or in y wife's name to ease her dealing with them with issues. The KY DMV said I could use junk mail as a proof of address as long as it had a date on it less than 30 days old. These are things you need to know before getting your licenses in AZ. Once you have an AZ license and live in state for the required time frame you're a resident in most states eyes. Hell some only require you to be there 30 days.

If you are financially committed to a specific park in AZ I guess it's too late but in the 10 years I have been traveling the country using a camper for work I've never once been told I could get regular mail there at the campground. Maybe try another campground in the area you want to be in to see if they will let you do this? Just a thought.

Good Luck
Sam

Ok so since what I haven't seen or might have missed is you saying you've talked with the AZ DMV and know exactly what their requirements are for establishing domicile. We have both a physical and PO Box in KY and while our physical address is what's on our licenses the DMV has had mail returned to them because the post office refuses to put mail with just our street address in our box. However if we put the PO box numbers after the zipcode (28769-0243) they will deliver it. This should get all of your mail delivered to a PO Box even tax stuff. That's how I get my tax forms delivered to my PO box.

The DMV is a different animal. Since they had mail that did not have our PO box # listed after the zip code returned they required us to show 2 forms of proof of both the street and PO box addresses to get our licenses. In the age of digital business and my being away out of state working all the time most everything is either paid online and paperless statements or in y wife's name to ease her dealing with them with issues. The KY DMV said I could use junk mail as a proof of address as long as it had a date on it less than 30 days old. These are things you need to know before getting your licenses in AZ. Once you have an AZ license and live in state for the required time frame you're a resident in most states eyes. Hell some only require you to be there 30 days.

If you are financially committed to a specific park in AZ I guess it's too late but in the 10 years I have been traveling the country using a camper for work I've never once been told I could get regular mail there at the campground. Maybe try another campground in the area you want to be in to see if they will let you do this? Just a thought.

Good Luck
Sam
Thanks for the response.

We found an RV park that will allow us to use their address for both a physical and mailing address, so that is a huge step forward. We also gave them a (refundable) deposit on a space, which shows intent to reside, and I am toying with the idea of giving them a deposit on a satellite TV/internet connection which will come in handy if/when I'm asked for a utility receipt.

And you are correct about parks (although you used the term "campground") not allowing the residents to use them as a mailing address. They don't want to get swamped with hundreds of pieces of mail every day/week and I don't blame them. This is the only one I've come across, and that's why I was so surprised when this one told us we could. In their office, they even have cubbyholes for everyone. And it's a fairly remote park between Buckeye and Quartzsite. They don't even have a pool, although they have all the other amenities like laundry, shower facilities, small gym, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom