Don & Betty Leave Yuma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonJordan

Moderator Emeritus
Well, we will be pulling out of Yuma for the summer tomorrow morning.? Pam & George Van Luchene will be following suit on Thursday or Fri, I think.

It has been a tad warm here for the past couple of weeks.? Daytime temperatures in the 104-114 Degree range? 8).? Everything is packed and ready, the coach and the car washed so that they can collect a new set of bugs on front and windshield, and all that remains to be done in the morning is hook up the toad and then we are out of here.

So, if I'm missing here on line it will be because I couldn't find a connection (I'm really going to miss my high speed DSL line? :mad: .

Hi Don & Betty,

I have found that all the Best Western Motels have an open Wifi connection for thier guests, which they will let you use. In fact, I'm sitting in the loby of one, sending this. I have been able to get on just by parking in their lot at several  locations. This at least makes getting email and the daily forum fix easy when you are traveling.

Chet18013

Chet & Ron,

Thanks for the tip on Best Western's WiFi hook-ups.  We will leave here and head up to Bakersfield tomorrow then on to Rocklin (about 25 Mi. NE of Sacramento) where we will visit our son and DIL.  I should be able to get on line while we are there. ;D.  Then over to the Mendocino coast where we will stay with our daughter and SIL.  Again, should be able to get on line but only via dial-up which is a real drag when accessing this new forum format.  After that we go up to Harrisburg to have a leaking slideout repaired.  After that we will be heading to West Yellowstone for the 4th of July.  After that, who knows?  We just need to be back here no later than the middle of September to oversee the installation of our new manufactured home.

IAC I'll get on line when I can, so until then "Sayonara"  ;D

Hello Don:

DonJordan said:
We will leave here and head up to Bakersfield tomorrow then on to Rocklin (about 25 Mi. NE of Sacramento) where we will visit our son and DIL.

Yep -- when the temps get over 100, it's time to head north. :)

As you may recall, I hang out around the Sacto area and consider that my home base. However, this year I have been parking on some acreage of a friend of mine in Penryn, CA - just NE of Rocklin. Have also moved my PMB to Rocklin and selected a Kaiser doctor in Roseville vs. Sacto.

So anyway, if you have some free time at all, let me know and we can have lunch. That rerstaurant just down Granite Drive from Camping World is excellent.

Have a safe journey . . .

DonJordan said:
(I'm really going to miss my high speed DSL line? :mad: .

Don,

Is your DSL line with Qwest? If so, can you put it on vacation? We'll be pulling out in a couple of weeks and I have to figured what to do with my DSL line.

You and Betty have a great trip.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Don,

Is your DSL line with Qwest? If so, can you put it on vacation? We'll be pulling out in a couple of weeks and I have to figured what to do with my DSL line.

You and Betty have a great trip.

Yes, it's with Qwest, but they would only put the phone line on vacation hold.? They said that they cancel the DSL so I won't be billed for the monthly charge but that I'll have to pay the $5.00 per month rental on the modem.? When I come back and sign up again they said to tell them I've been on vacation and they will waive the sign up fees.? We shall see how it goes.

You guys have a good trip too.

DonJordan said:
They said that they cancel the DSL so I won't bur billed for it but that I'll have to pay the $5.00 per month rental on the modem.? When I come back and sign up again they said to tell them I've been on vacation and they will waive the sign up fees.? We shall see how it goes.

You guys have a good trip too.

Thanks Don.

Don,

Hope you and Betty have a safe and enjoyable trip and summer. We finally made it to CT and are parked at our daughter's. Sure could use some of that Yuma weather. It's 47, windy and raining. :mad: It's the same weather we had last year in April. They haven't had spring yet!

Back
Top Bottom