Don Jordan is out of the hospital AGAIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonJordan

Moderator Emeritus
I'm back home again!? This past Sunday I started to have extreme shortness of breath, dizziness, and pain in the upper left chest.? We went back to the hospital where I was rushed into the Intensive Care Unit.? Apparantly I threw a small pulmonary embolus (clot) resuting from the colon operation.? Treatment with blood thinners, oxygen, and a zillion other things cleared up the immediate danger but I will now be on a blood thinning regimen for the next 6 to 12 months.? They kept me in ICU until yesterday afternoon when I was allowed to come home but will have to go back to the hospital daily for blood tests until they get the blood thinning drugs regulated to my? need - hopefully within a week.

IAC it's good to be home? :).

Don

Don, you have to stop doing this :)  At least you're back in Yuma and won't have to travel for awhile.  Hope the house construction goes timely.

Don,

I was suprised to hear you took another trip to the hospital and gald to hear you are back home.  Wishing you the best on your recovery.  Hope all goes well from here on.

Glad they got you taken care of Don. Must have been a bit scary.

Ned said:
Don, you have to stop doing this :) At least you're back in Yuma and won't have to travel for awhile. Hope the house construction goes timely.

Ned,

We aren't in Yuma yet - still in Fort Bragg, CA.  We need to get back to Yuma within the next week to 10 days so that I can get to an oncologist and get started on chemo and/or radiation therapy.

Don,

Glad to hear the situation was taken care of. Hope you're feeling better.  We'll be thinking of you

Regards,

Don,

I was just assuming from your signature you were back in Yuma.  I guess you've been a little busy to change it :)

Ned,

Ned said:
Don,

I was just assuming from your signature you were back in Yuma. I guess you've been a little busy to change it :)

Good point!  It's been so long since I set up my signature, etc. I never think of it.  As a matter of fact I can't see where to go to make the change.

Don, it's in your profile, but I went ahead and changed it for you (assumed you wanted it changed?)

Welcome back, Don!

I went to jump school at Fort Bragg, NC and when I read you were in Fort Bragg CA, I thought maybe you hadn't come down off your pain killers yet ;D  A quick check showed me you're not losing it.... yet, or that they hadn't moved North Carolina closer to the West Coast!

Hope your recovery is quick :)

Karl

Karl,

Nope, there is a Ft. Bragg on both the east and west side of the US.? Not sure if both are named for the same army officer or which predates which, but it can be confusing? :) .? We should be leaving here and heading back to Yuma the end of next week so that I can get going on Chemo-therapy ASAP.? Not looking forward to the 100 plus degree weather but we''' tough it out? ;D.

Don,

I second Ned...Stop doing this!!!! Glad all turned out well. I'm sure Betty is keeping a close eye on you especially now! :)

Got internet access just briefly today.  Glad you are back home again.  We are currently in Oshkosh, WI at the EAA show.  Plan to see Ned and Lorna the first of the week in Milwaukee.

No need to respond as I won't have access again till the first of the week.

Take care and hugs to Betty.

Ron and Shirley

We are definitely leaving Fort Bragg, CA tomorrow, 7/29, and heading back to Yuma.  They finally have my blood thinned to a stable point with a small daily dose of Coumadin.  We picked up all of the hospital records, blood test results, etc. and will give them to our doctor in Yuma.

We should arrive in Yuma Saturday late afternoon.  I have a doctor appointment for Monday morning at 9:30.

I am feeling much better but due to the thinned blood, I am short of breath so am unable to do much physical labor.  I'll be glad when they decide that the danger of any more blood clots is past and I can stop the blood thinning.  It's frustrating getting out of breath just walking from one room to another here in the house.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom