Don't know where were going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Isaac-1

We are leaving on a 2 week vacation in the motorhome and don't know where we are going for half of it. Our first stop is just east of Memphis for our nieces graduation, visit my wife's family, etc. which will take us through next weekend, but still no idea which way to head to end up back in SW Louisiana the following weekend. This is different than our usual trips which are typically at least partly planned out. Any thoughts or suggestion given the continuing Covid partial closures, etc.

The Blue Ridge parkway looks nice, but I don't think we have time for it this trip as it is in the opposite direction from home.

We had planned to do the Natchez trace parkway most of the way south to north getting to Memphis, though that plan may change due to rain in the forecast Sunday -Thursday for the entire region (we have reservations arriving in Memphis on Thursday)

There is a very nice RV park called Tom Sawyer's RV park on the west side of the Mississippi, just south of Memphis. Sites are overlooking the river, and you can watch the river traffic. Tom Sawyer RV

In fact, there is something called The Great River Road that goes north along the Mississippi, crossing over and back several times. Driving up that route and then turning right at the Ohio River to Nashville, will get you to the northern end of the Natchez Trace. I think that route would be perfect for two weeks. (And by the way, The Natchez Trace goes to Nashville, not Memphis.) https://experiencemississippiriver.com/the-great-river-road-the-best-drive-in-america/

That would give you drives on two great scenic highways!

I have heard a lot of good things about Tom Sawyer RV, unfortunately my sister in law and family live on the east side of Memphis and commuting back and forth through the center of the city is probably not the best option. As to the trace, Our plan was to drive up it to around the Tupelo or perhaps a bit north of there, then drive over to Memphis.

I have heard a lot of good things about Tom Sawyer RV, unfortunately my sister in law and family live on the east side of Memphis and commuting back and forth through the center of the city is probably not the best option. As to the trace, Our plan was to drive up it to around the Tupelo or perhaps a bit north of there, then drive over to Memphis.
That would be a great run, if the weather were to cooperate.
We were planning a canoe trip on the South Platte this weekend, but the weather is going to be uncooperative here, too. [sigh] This can be a bad time of year, unless you love rain.

+1 Tom Sawyer - we just stayed there a couple of weeks ago - on the banks of the Mississippi - lovely - easy....

Don't know where you've been or where you want to go but I had a good time in Biloxi MS. If you have a get around vehicle there are a couple of cool things to see. The maritime museum was pretty cool and went through the history of the clamming industry pretty well. Go further east to see the USS Alabama and the Drum.

I stayed at the Cajun RV park which was pretty nice and right on the beach.

The Tom Sawyer park is a great place to stay. It was rebuilt after being flooded a few years back. Getting to it is a bit tricky and makes you think that its not a place you want to stay. Watching the tugs and barges on the river is a lot of fun. Those captains knows what they are doing. Visit the Pyramid while you are in Memphis. And go down town and eat some ribs at Rendezvous .

Back
Top Bottom