DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You must have nice weather there today.
Yes, nice here yesterday and rain today.

I start seeds inside and they can be transplanted outside to the garden in MAY.
Do you shovel the driveway or just drive through it?
Here, we shovel/snow blow.

Do you shovel the driveway or just drive through it?
I just drive through it out, but if I expect deep snow, I leave my Tesla outside overnight at the sidewalk. For the winter, I keep my Chevy Bolt in Auburn (snow is very rare there) and my Tesla here in Reno. My Tesla is AWD, motor front and rear, makes it like 4WD in the snow.

But I have seen snow so deep here that I cannot even get a 4WD Jeep out of the garage and past the driveway. But that doesn't happen often.

There has been snow so fast and deep here that even 4WDs get stuck in the snow all over Reno.

-Don- Reno, NV

I thought they were your foot tracks?

Let us know what it was that stomped through!
Nope, I have not been back there since it snowed.

I doubt if I will find out what caused it.

At the house I sold last summer, I often see very large foot prints in the snow there that is often more deep than here. That house is at even a higher elevation than this one.

Those prints in the snow were more than twice the size that a man can make. That one really had me more interested, but I never bothered to play back the outside cameras to try to see what it was. I have cameras inside and out at all my houses, all on the web, so I can check them out even on my RV trips. But there, in Cold Springs Valley, I didn't have the day it happened. It could have been any time at all since the time the snow got deep enough.

Come to think about it, I can do the same here as I have a camera pointing out that way in the backyard here. But I am just too lazy to bother with it. While I am curious, I am not curious enough to bother with it. Perhaps if I knew the time it happened, I would then search the cameras for around that time.

-Don- Reno, NV

I've still got a few more days. Supposed to head in the direction of Bishop next week. It's early, so I've been thinking of taking the long way up 111, then to Yucca Valley and over to Apple Valley. I absolutely hate driving the coach through the whole San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino clusterf**k. I'm thinking a couple of days in the desert will do me some good.

so I've been thinking of taking the long way up 111,
I like 111 on the east side of Salton Sea. I have been there several times and have stayed in the full hook up RV park at the NE part of the lake in the SSSRA (Salton Sea State Recreation Area). But the entire SS area was closed in Nov 2020 because of COVID which made no sense as it made all the private RV parks in the area packed. I assume it is now open.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I like 111 on the east side of Salton Sea. I have been there several times and have stayed in the full hook up RV park at the NE part of the lake in the SSSRA (Salton Sea State Recreation Area). But the entire SS area was closed in Nov 2020 because of COVID which made no sense as it made all the private RV parks in the area packed. I assume it is now open.

-Don- Auburn, CA
When I hit I10, I might run out to Chiriaco Summit. There are about 8 or 10 dry campsites behind the Patton Museum that are free for I think 3 days. Very quiet, even with the proximity of the freeway. Definitely not crowded.

When I hit I10, I might run out to Chiriaco Summit. There are about 8 or 10 dry campsites behind the Patton Museum that are free for I think 3 days. Very quiet, even with the proximity of the freeway. Definitely not crowded.
I would boondock more if it were not for the fact that I like to have voltage to charge my electric motorcycle instead of running the genny for it.

OPCNM is perfect. Boondock and charge even during quiet hours at the central location that I discovered during a short hike. I put it on Plugshare myself.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I expect the big foot prints to be a person--a person wearing snow shoes!
Where you live,
is it a concern when people are hiking across your land?

Or you know they are just passing through?

@DonTom

We had planned on getting out of Maryland by the weekend.

Not gonna happen. It was 20 degrees here this morning, felt like 14. Snow squalls yesterday, but not as bad as a little north of me:

It's just too cold to get excited here. hahahah

Are you still getting your spring lizards sunning themselves?

Whatcha doing today?
Going on an electric motorcycle ride. After I finish my last cup of Italian Roast Coffee.

I got done last night working on my Energica Esse Esse 9 electric motorcycle. For an electric, it is a very high maintenance bike. But it is also very high performance, yet I have the SLOWEST bike Energica makes. The EGO is their fastest. Beyond being ridiculously fast.

But the Esse Esse 9 is more comfortable to ride. I am not a speed nut, besides, mine is fast enough to scare anybody.

Besides changing the worn out front tire (which lasted less than 7,000 miles), I changed the motor oil, gear oil and inverter coolant. So today, I go for a test ride to make sure all is okay.

Perhaps I will take a ride to Virginia City on it today. I can use a free slow charger there as I walk around the town, but it really won't need a charge for such a short distance. But I may decide to go down the opposite side of the mountain and then go to Lake Lahontan.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom