DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A trick I do in all my freezers (even in my RVs when they are used) is to put a cup of water in the freezer. After it turns to ice, I put a penny on top of the ice.
Hubby and I love the penny trick.:D

Whatcha doing today?

We are home and I have been admiring vegetable seed catalogs.

Oh, and I've been on google maps looking for an interesting campground in North or South Carolina that would be nice to stop at in mid May on our way back from Jekyll Island to Maryland.

Whatcha doing today?
A lot of nothing for today. Snowy here and quite cold. around 32°F/ 0.000°C.

Kind shows how metric makes more sense. 0° C means freezing and 100°C means boiling (212°F) @ sea level.

It seems to me we are slowly going metric anyway. Such as my Zero motorcycles. Made in the USA, 100% metric, every bolt in them.

-Don- Reno, NV

I think I read that you will be starting on a trip soon in your y2k bus.

If so, start a trip thread so hubby and I can ride along.

I think I read that you will be starting on a trip soon in your y2k bus.

If so, start a trip thread so hubby and I can ride along.
Perhaps in the next couple of days. I have been loading up the Y2K RV, has my electric motorcycle on the ramp and getting other things ready. I sure will miss the storage capacity of my new RV taking this Y2K Class C. It is already a big mess inside, with all types of junk. A lot of it is stuff I bring for the motorcycle and ham gear and such.

I can keep my trip progress here in this thread.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I can keep my trip progress here in this thread.
Okay

It is already a big mess inside, with all types of junk. A lot of it is stuff I bring for the motorcycle and ham gear and such.
Oh my goodness!

Hubby and I are already having fun reading and you have not yet left your driveway.:D

Hubby says you should have a set of stuff for both buses!

Hugs to ya!

Guess what? I started this thread on 1. 27 .2022 and today is one year later.

Just a tidbit.:cool:

Okay

Oh my goodness!
It's not that bad after I am setup, because then the motorcycle saddlebags, trunk and ham stuff is all set up giving me a lot more room inside.

I will leave tomorrow. I often travel on weekends and just stay at a CA rest stop somewhere. CA doesn't have all those weird laws of many other states with a 3-hour limit.

Not sure what time I will leave tomorrow, as I really don't care. I am all ready to go. All packed up. All I need to do now is think about what I 4-got. :)

-Don- Auburn, CA

@DonTom

I think this guy has almost as many wheeled toys as you:
First I heard about that, what a bummer. A freak accident, I know of another that happened to but with a telephone wire that fell down on a highway.

I have a story for today. It will be my next post here in this section. I didn't get far today and I only got this far from driving in the dark.

-Don- Turlock, CA

I mentioned here before, that around every other time I take my Y2K RV out, I get a blowout.

Today, I got 19 miles from home and I hear a big "BANG!" from the rear. At the exact same time, my TPMS goes from a green light to read showing 0 PSI for the inner right rear tire. I was on I-80 West Bound, just pass Auburn, in Loomis, CA. But it was a safe place to stop, the freeway was wide there at Exit 110 in Loomis. Wide enough to work on the right side. If on the left side, I would not have done the job myself. But with one good tire on the right rear, I could drive the RV to a better place to work on the left side, if such was necessary.

In the two hours or so I was there, not even one cop came by on the busy freeway. That seems to be the norm these days. They all just hide somewhere to bust speeders.

I have the stuff to change the tire myself, but I figured I would rather have AAA do it, in my old age (73). So I first give them a call. They changed everything since when I called them on NYD for my Jeep. For the worse, of course. Now it is not even possible to talk to a real person. I got a recording that said they would send an IM to my cell that I will need to reply to if I want service. So I tried to reply, and my cell says "no internet". Not sure why I got that message, but I didn't want to fool around with that anymore.

So then, I use my Spot Messenger, which works by satellite. They call back my cell around 15 minutes later(they say they arrive even if they cannot reach the person my phone--they only call to get info., such as is it a motorcycle or motorhome). But at least it's a real person. But I decided to cancel the call, as I already started to do the work myself and I have everything necessary to get the job done, including an unused two-year-old spare tire. I have an impact wrench and all that stuff that I can use with my genny.

It is a hassle and took me a couple of hours. I have to unload the electric motorcycle to get to the spare easier and make the motorhome easier to jackup (less weight in the rear). But I did get the job done.

The blowout did no damage to anything, unlike two years ago, when I lost all my exhaust pipes on the road near Gila Bend, AZ.

The date on the tire with the blowout was 0317. A bit on the old side, I guess. I had so many blowouts in the rear that I do not keep track of the dates, they are all mixed. All the tires looked like new, but I know that doesn't mean much.

While I have better air compressors with me, the portable one I use for motorcycles will easily fill on RV tire to 75 LBS and fairly fast too. But it's only good for one RV tire and then the battery needs a recharge. My spare only had 45 psi in it, I filled it up to 75 psi with the little portable air compressor shown below.

airc.JPGhwy80.JPGtire.JPG

-Don- Turlock Rest Stop, CA

Wow!

Glad the blow out didn't cause any damage.

Maybe now your bad luck is over and you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

Will you cancel AAA and Spot Messenger?

At least you are not in a rush to get somewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom