DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!

Glad the blow out didn't cause any damage.

Maybe now your bad luck is over and you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

Will you cancel AAA and Spot Messenger?

At least you are not in a rush to get somewhere.
I have no complaints about the Spot Messenger Tow service. But unlike AAA, they will not tow 200 miles.

I am finding out AAA used to be good, but these days they are almost worthless other than that 200-mile tow. But that is only possible if I can contact a real person.

I was thinking about that blowout. That was the tire I used alone in the rear for around sixty miles two years ago near Gilla Bend, AZ. I could not find a decent place to stop so I drove with only the one rear tire with the other tire blown out. Perhaps that damaged the tire more than I realized. At least yesterday, I was able to stop right away.

=Don- Turlock, CA

How far are you planning to go today before you call it a night?

I have you on google maps so we can admire where you are driving.

What's the weather?

Did ya have a baconator this morning for breakfast?

How far are you planning to go today before you call it a night?

I have you on google maps so we can admire where you are driving.

What's the weather?

Did ya have a baconator this morning for breakfast?
The weather here is fine, just a little cool last night and the furnace ran for much of the night. Kinda overcast here, with the sun trying to peek out a little right now.

I am glad I am not in Reno, they got more heavy snow overnight.

Today's high here in Turlock will be 55F. The overnight low will be 33F.

For breakfast this morning, I will have a frozen breakfast burrito. One nice thing about the delay yesterday was my refrigerator and freezer was at 38F/-02F by the time I got done. I keep it off until I leave Auburn because it is not level there. So right after the tire change, I went to the local Wall*Mart to fill up my refrigerator and freezer with a lot of junk food and other stuff. So I do not have to do that today.

I use my inverter, so I don't have to run the genny as there is a car right next to me. I already made my coffee. Peet's Italian Roast which is my favorite coffee.

I am in no hurry at all, I will try to get propane today, fill up the gas tank and get a new spare tire. I have no idea how far I will go today, but it makes no difference to me.

-Don- Turlock, CA

Maybe you should just get all your tires replaced today?

Gas is $3.41 this morning here.
I will check the dates later on the left, if I can. Both of my tires on the rear right are only a couple of years old, so they should now be okay.

Gas here in this part of CA is cheaper than Reno. Reno is still well above four bucks for a gallon of 87. Here is it all just under four bucks.

-Don- Turlock, CA

Well, it happened again today! Same right rear side, but the outer wheel this time. Yesterday was the inner wheel. But no delays caused by this as I wanted to go to a tire shop anyway, and my blowout today was only six miles from this tire shop. Still not fixed, but I am parked for the night here at the tire shop. The place is closed (it's Sunday) , but I was able to talk to the owner and he says he has many LT225/75R16s in stock. This is a nice quiet area of Wesco, CA, a lot better than a noisy truck stop.

My front tires are only a few months old. I will most like buy four new tires here, which includes the spare. I will have them check the dates. And even near five years old will be replaced. I think that will be four tires, including the spare.

The outer tire on the left side has the date on the opposite side. Perhaps that means they are old. I recall when the news was talking about the date codes being changed to the opposite side. But that probably does no good for the inner tire on the rear. I think there, a date code facing in would be better as then it can be seen from under the RV.

Today's blowout did some minor damage to the tailpipe. But I was able to bend it all back to where it belongs. But the tailpipe is now not so round.

I did get my gas and propane today. Tires first thing in the morning. At 0730 hrs they will start on it.

It's raining here. My motorcycle is uncovered and wet. I have the cover, but it is best to not cover a motorcycle that is already wet. Here is what my blowout today looks like. I will start a new thread on tires as I have some new dumb questions.

-Don- Wesco, CA

TIRE.JPG

Shoo.

Make sure that (not so round) tailpipe isn't loose or leaking.

Glad you made it to a tire place for the night.

Maybe you ought to check out a brake place too. So you can see if you have a dragging brake or whatever the others were talking about on your blow out thread.

Are there any interesting bits of scenery around you there in Wasco?

Shoo.

Make sure that (not so round) tailpipe isn't loose or leaking.

Glad you made it to a tire place for the night.

Maybe you ought to check out a brake place too. So you can see if you have a dragging brake or whatever the others were talking about on your blow out thread.

Are there any interesting bits of scenery around you there in Wasco?
If there is brake drag, there isn't much as this RV will coast okay and in a straight line. But I will see if that can be checked here today anyway.

The tailpipe seems to be fine other than out of round. A couple of years ago, I had the same thing happen and I drove home without a tailpipe at all. All the pipes after the muffler ended up on the highway north of Gila Bend, AZ.

Wasco is just a dumpy small town. If there is anything extra interesting here, I have yet to find it.

-Don- Wasco, CA

Well, at least it has tires!
Yep. And great service there. I will put the details later in the tire thread I started yesterday.

I am now at the Denny's in Tehachapi, CA. They got some snow here last night in the Tehachapi Mountains.

I am having the loaded veggie omelet with fruit.

-Don- Tehachapi, CA

Don - if you would like the very best camping on the west coast go to Emma Wood State Parka:

If you would like a really really nice park with hookups then go here

If you want another nice beach campground near Santa Barbara then go to Refugio:

Jalama was our favorite while living in California. Jalama burgers 🍔

Jalama was our favorite while living in California. Jalama burgers 🍔

I have never been there, i am sorry I missed it. Right up the coast from there is the Morro Strand State Beach that is fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom