DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the Salton Sea filled up since all the rain?

What interesting plants have you seen today?

The plan is a week at Anza Borrego after I leave here on Sunday. Then perhaps Yuma and then Tucson for that Sonoran Hot Dog I missed last year. From there, OPCNM for a week or so. And from there, I will be headed home. It will perhaps be spring by the time I get back.

But I will consider cutting this trip short if I hear my new motorcycle has arrived from Italy.

-Don- Salton Sea SRA, CA

-

Today, I rode into Mecca. While there, I had a wet chorizo burrito with a pineapple drink. That was at the Tacos Taqueria Restaurant, which was packed with Latinos. I think they are the only surviving restaurant in Mecca. That has to be good for the one that did survive.

Across the street, they sold an interesting hotdog for two bucks that had all type of peppers and such in it. Looked good on their advertisement. But no place to eat it. A to go place only.

I am in the Sonoran Desert right here, but the Sonoran Hot Dog is more of a Tucson thing.

-Don- SS SRA, CA

I'm making bacon wrapped hotdogs for lunch today.

We've made this for at least 50 years in my family. I was admiring a few bacon wrapped hotdog recipes on the internet and they act like it was just invented last year.:ROFLMAO:

That wet burrito should have filled you up!

Windy and cold here today!

That wet burrito should have filled you up!
It did. I didn't get hungry again all night.

This morning (0900 hrs here!) I will ride into Mecca again and have their breakfast burrito at the same place. I will leave here in a few minutes. I am almost done with my coffee. Peet's Dark Italian Roast, my favorite of all coffees.

-Don- SS SRA, CA

I am now in Mecca, just ordered my breakfast burrito at the Tacos Taqueria. They have three types here, but the only one I recognize is the Chorizo. Since I like Chorizo, I ordered it also for my breakfast burrito that they are now making. I am having the pineapple juice again, because it was good yesterday. Also is a good breakfast drink, IMO.

-Don- Mecca, CA

I just now finished my Chorizo breakfast burrito. This morning, I was the only one in here for a whole, now one other customer as I was eating. The burrito was very good. It with the large pineapple juice cost me $16.94. And I leave a tip on top of that, so it cost me $20.00 for a good breakfast here.

I will probably come back here tomorrow morning and try one of their other breakfast burritos with the weird Mexican name. I can order them by the number, because I have no clue how to pronounce the words.

I took a short afternoon hike, as I usually do, but this time I brought my camera:

This is the day use area:

dayuse.JPG

Those are small birds in the distance on top of the lake (there are many):
SSbirds.JPG
This is one of the many hiking trails in the desert south of here:
Trails.JPG

Don- SS SRA, CA

I drove pass the Salton Sea over 40 years ago back in 1980 while living in the San Fernando Valley. Doesn't look any different.

I drove pass the Salton Sea over 40 years ago back in 1980 while living in the San Fernando Valley. Doesn't look any different.
The first time I was here, I was coming back from the Big Bend of Texas in August of 1971, on my new 1971 BMW R75/5 motorcycle which I still own and use. But I stayed on the west side, on top of a sleeping bag only, no tent. That was my longest motorcycle ride ever. Big Bend of Texas to Salton Sea, CA. 1,025 miles on a very long hot day (and night) when I was 21 years old.

-Don- SS SRA, CA

Nice pictures.

Depending on how you look at it,

It looks lonely, or refreshing.

A lot more people here now that it is the weekend.
Well just be careful. It seems to be a remote campground most of the time.

Don't forget what happens to people in remote camping areas:

Well just be careful. It seems to be a remote campground most of the time.
I don't worry much about that type of stuff. The odds are very low of such happening to anybody.

But the odds didn't do those couples any good.

But such stories do explain why some like to travel with a gun.

It seems to me that places like this are safer, but there are exceptions to every rule.

-Don- SS SRA, CA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom